clinical rotations/Ross

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Therese737

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I prefer to do ALL of my core rotations in the Miami area while a Ross student. Is this possible? Someone on another forum told me it isn't possible unless I set them up myself. If that is true, how easy is it to set them up myself? The last thing I want is to be calling up a bunch of hospitals and inquiring, like some job hunter...But hopefully, the answer is YES, I can do all my cores in Florida....?

Members don't see this ad.

If the answer to your question was yes, I would have never, NEVER left Miaaaaami to come to this.....this......this thing they call "The Big something".:rolleyes:

AAAAHHHHH...Miami. :love:

Therese737 said:
Hi, I prefer to do ALL of my core rotations in the Miami area while a Ross student. Is this possible? Someone on another forum told me it isn't possible unless I set them up myself. If that is true, how easy is it to set them up myself? The last thing I want is to be calling up a bunch of hospitals and inquiring, like some job hunter...But hopefully, the answer is YES, I can do all my cores in Florida....?
The reality is no you cannot do all your rotations in Miami. If you wanted to do that you probably should have went to one of the MD schools in Florida or even one of the two DO schools there.

You're going to be all over the US doing your rotations many times at places you may not like. That is the reality of going to a caribbean school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Luck said:
You're going to be all over the US doing your rotations many times at places you may not like. That is the reality of going to a caribbean school.

I am not sure about that. You can pretty much do all your rotations (MS-3/MS-4) in NYC.....or.... Chicago....... or....... Kern (California).

:luck:

Leukocyte said:
I am not sure about that. You can pretty much do all your rotations (MS-3/MS-4) in NYC.....or.... Chicago....... or....... Kern (California).

:luck:
Or there, but I hardly doubt you will even be able to do one rotation in Miami. Sorry. :luck:

Luck said:
Shall we keep a running tally of the number of times Luck writes without knowing what the fu.ck he's talking about?

BTW, Luck, would you mind posting the residency match list of your DO school again? Thx!

Luck is holding dearly to a pecking order. Only when people feel inadequate in their studies do they do that. Anyone who needs a pecking order, isn't living up to his or her part of the bargain.

Therese737 said:
Hi, I prefer to do ALL of my core rotations in the Miami area while a Ross student. Is this possible?

The answer is no. Rumors are always abound about Ross expanding their clinical training sites in Miami but it hasn't happened, yet. Like another poster mentioned, you can do all your cores at Kern County in California, Chicago, and New York.

Your insecurities are *shining*... keep working hard on that shine!

awdc said:
The answer is no. Rumors are always abound about Ross expanding their clinical training sites in Miami but it hasn't happened, yet. Like another poster mentioned, you can do all your cores at Kern County in California, Chicago, and New York.
Ok maybe you don't do your rotations everywhere in the US. But the simple fact that you can only do them in three places is disconcerting and bordering on ludicrous. I would urge everyone to think twice about applying to Ross.

Luck said:
Ok maybe you don't do your rotations everywhere in the US. But the simple fact that you can only do them in three places is disconcerting and bordering on ludicrous. I would urge everyone to think twice about applying to Ross.

Actually, we can do rotations at many, many more places and in many other states. Not to mention all the visiting rotations at non-affiliated programs that students can set up by themselves. But if you want to stay in one hospital or two, those are the places that you will be able to do them at. In contrast to Luck, I would urge others to seriously consider Ross and SGU if they can't get into a U.S. school. I hear AUC is pretty good as well but I don't know enough about it to say anything.

awdc said:
In contrast to Luck, I would urge others to seriously consider Ross and SGU if they can't get into a U.S. school. I hear AUC is pretty good as well but I don't know enough about it to say anything.
In my opinion, if you want to have more options and more latitude in where you want to do your rotations, but you couldn't get into an MD school in the US, a DO school will serve you better.

It is much better to go to a US med school, MD or DO, before choosing the caribbean.

But as my fellow colleague awdc said, if you couldn't get into a US school, MD or DO, Ross or SGU are excellent options.