1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Clinical/Shadow Chiropractor?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by 711082, Aug 11, 2015.

1. I am hoping to go to Med School. I got an offer from a person I know to shadow with BUT he is a chiropractor. Is this worth it or should I tell him no. Won't it count as clinical experience or shadowing? I though so not because you don't go to med school to be a chiropractor. Please let me know.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. J Senpai

J Senpai Grab my arm. Other arm. MY other arm.
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hmmm, I'd suggest you look elsewhere. DC ≠ MD/DO, so the shadowing wouldn't really do you any good.

Goro and Cardiologist2028 like this.
  4. Goro

Faculty 7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Do NOT do this, unless you want to go to chiropractic school.

5. Seth Joo

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You need to shadow a real physician, it could be an MD or DO, not a Chiropractor. If you are applying to a DO school it looks better to shadow a DO. You will also walk away with a better understanding of Osteopathic Medicine as well.

Its not absolutely necessary to shadow a DO though, and MD is good enough. I had letters from several Harvard MDs.