1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Clinical/Shadow Chiropractor?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by 711082, Aug 11, 2015.

1. I am hoping to go to Med School. I got an offer from a person I know to shadow with BUT he is a chiropractor. Is this worth it or should I tell him no. Won't it count as clinical experience or shadowing? I though so not because you don't go to med school to be a chiropractor. Please let me know.

2. Hippogryff

Hippogryff SDN Bronze Donor
    Bronze Donor Verified Account 7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hmmm, I'd suggest you look elsewhere. DC ≠ MD/DO, so the shadowing wouldn't really do you any good.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Goro and Cardiologist2028 like this.
  3. Goro

Faculty Verified Expert 7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Do NOT do this, unless you want to go to chiropractic school.

4. Seth Joo

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You need to shadow a real physician, it could be an MD or DO, not a Chiropractor. If you are applying to a DO school it looks better to shadow a DO. You will also walk away with a better understanding of Osteopathic Medicine as well.

Its not absolutely necessary to shadow a DO though, and MD is good enough. I had letters from several Harvard MDs.