Clinical/Shadow Chiropractor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I am hoping to go to Med School. I got an offer from a person I know to shadow with BUT he is a chiropractor. Is this worth it or should I tell him no. Won't it count as clinical experience or shadowing? I though so not because you don't go to med school to be a chiropractor. Please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm, I'd suggest you look elsewhere. DC ≠ MD/DO, so the shadowing wouldn't really do you any good.

Reactions: 1 users
Do NOT do this, unless you want to go to chiropractic school.

I am hoping to go to Med School. I got an offer from a person I know to shadow with BUT he is a chiropractor. Is this worth it or should I tell him no. Won't it count as clinical experience or shadowing? I though so not because you don't go to med school to be a chiropractor. Please let me know.

You need to shadow a real physician, it could be an MD or DO, not a Chiropractor. If you are applying to a DO school it looks better to shadow a DO. You will also walk away with a better understanding of Osteopathic Medicine as well.

Its not absolutely necessary to shadow a DO though, and MD is good enough. I had letters from several Harvard MDs.