• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

I am hoping to go to Med School. I got an offer from a person I know to shadow with BUT he is a chiropractor. Is this worth it or should I tell him no. Won't it count as clinical experience or shadowing? I though so not because you don't go to med school to be a chiropractor. Please let me know.

Goro

Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Do NOT do this, unless you want to go to chiropractic school.

I am hoping to go to Med School. I got an offer from a person I know to shadow with BUT he is a chiropractor. Is this worth it or should I tell him no. Won't it count as clinical experience or shadowing? I though so not because you don't go to med school to be a chiropractor. Please let me know.

Oct 27, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You need to shadow a real physician, it could be an MD or DO, not a Chiropractor. If you are applying to a DO school it looks better to shadow a DO. You will also walk away with a better understanding of Osteopathic Medicine as well.

Its not absolutely necessary to shadow a DO though, and MD is good enough. I had letters from several Harvard MDs.

About the Ads