clinically high yield bolognia topics before pgy-2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snowys435

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, title explains it. I was wondering before starting pgy-2, what are clinically high yield topics to start with in Bolognia? The books is gigantic and I was wondering what are are the best chapters/ topics to start w/ to make for a smooth transition?

Members don't see this ad.

I know the thread suggests a textbook but no specific high yield topics. If its not too much trouble, would you mind mentioning a few really important ones to start with in bolgnia that will be clinically relevant during the transition. thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know the thread suggests a textbook but no specific high yield topics. If its not too much trouble, would you mind mentioning a few really important ones to start with in bolgnia that will be clinically relevant during the transition. thank you!

I would brush up on the basic conditions and their treatments (Bolognia has some excellent photos and tables)

I would brush up on anatomy as that's always useful surgically

I would brush up on some basic approaches to dermpath

Basic science is not particularly helpful but it seems like most programs like to bash 1st years with this. It doesn't get any easier or more interesting as a resident so I'd try to digest as much as possible if you are interested in reading.

Reactions: 1 user
Any guides or quick how to's for derm path? Like a dermpath for dummies? Anything online free?

I would brush up on the basic conditions and their treatments (Bolognia has some excellent photos and tables)

I would brush up on anatomy as that's always useful surgically

I would brush up on some basic approaches to dermpath

Basic science is not particularly helpful but it seems like most programs like to bash 1st years with this. It doesn't get any easier or more interesting as a resident so I'd try to digest as much as possible if you are interested in reading.

Agree with the basics in Bolognia... Psoriasis, Eczema and Contact Dermatitis, NMSC, Acne, Rosacea, part of the bacterial/viral infections. If you get through that I'd go through the papulosquamous section, immunobullous section, and vasculitis sections.

Basic science if you're brave enough.