Closing IDP dental Schools!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bds dds

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this a rumor please help cause we are worried !!!

Members don't see this ad.

Is this a rumor please help cause we are worried !!!

This is just a rumor. As you can see every year new dental school across the US are starting to admit International dentists. For example Indiana University started it's IDP just this year. Don worry at all.

Dont believe this. International Dentist Programs itself wont be cancelled
but Yes "Advanced Standing" might be cancelled in coming future.

Not the thing that should worry anyone for now.

Members don't see this ad :)
So the AS programs are gonna get longer like 3 or 4 yrs?

So the AS programs are gonna get longer like 3 or 4 yrs?

Most likely, some of my friends who are in school got to talk with the proctors who conduct these licensing exams, and they told due to some changes in schools curriculum in coming years they were most likely to extend the Advanced Standing courses.

This change you can clearly see in case of NYU. Hope this helps.:thumbup:

Most likely, some of my friends who are in school got to talk with the proctors who conduct these licensing exams, and they told due to some changes in schools curriculum in coming years they were most likely to extend the Advanced Standing courses.

This change you can clearly see in case of NYU. Hope this helps.:thumbup:

The bad economy is making schools open more spots for international dentists... It is a no brainer for them: International Dentists pay the same as regular students but only stay in school for 2 years.. Plus, a lot of the times they produce quite a bit for the school since usually they have more experience.

UCLA just went from accepting 10 students to 30 (at least is what I heard as soon as finished my program there in June of 2012)

I think that will be the tendency. More programs opening, more spots opening on existing programs.

Ilovegoldens can u guide us for accomodation during the 2 yrs at UCLA???
Where would you suggest us to stay???...at a place which is closer to the university or save money by staying far from the university. I am ready to share the apartment with roommates and I am not fussy aout the place too. I am a single female PPID student.Can you suggest few apartments???

Ilovegoldens can u guide us for accomodation during the 2 yrs at UCLA???
Where would you suggest us to stay???...at a place which is closer to the university or save money by staying far from the university. I am ready to share the apartment with roommates and I am not fussy aout the place too. I am a single female PPID student.Can you suggest few apartments???

Apply for ucla housing..theres 2 in Culver city...and theres a bus from there to school..hope it helps

Apply for ucla housing..theres 2 in Culver city...and theres a bus from there to school..hope it helps

Thank you Lord Voldemort, but they are around 5-6 miles from the University. I don't have a car and the university shuttle comes for pick up every hour :(
I was told that in the first two quarters one might have to work till late in the lab, sometimes till 9 or 10 pm, so I was wondering if living within walking distance to the University would be more convineant???

Thank you Lord Voldemort, but they are around 5-6 miles from the University. I don't have a car and the university shuttle comes for pick up every hour :(
I was told that in the first two quarters one might have to work till late in the lab, sometimes till 9 or 10 pm, so I was wondering if living within walking distance to the University would be more convineant???

There are a lot of places nearby...on gayley and strathmore etc....but the rent is lil steep.u gotta see ur budget and then decide.....

There are a lot of places nearby...on gayley and strathmore etc....but the rent is lil steep.u gotta see ur budget and then decide.....

945 gayley avenue. Great building, walking distance...worth every penny as you can stay at lab as late as you want or walk down any time...very safe . Save tons in gas money and convenience is awsome. I did not feel the need for a car while staying there.