Clueless about finances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockit

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need help. I do not have even the first clue about the ins and outs of financing medical school. I don't know much about private or public aid or scholarships, what schools offer what kind of aid, what your family's financial status needs to be in order to qualify, and other such things.

I need a tutorial. I've looked at some of the links in the sticky thread, but it seems that they address more specific issues. If someone could point me to an overview or timeline of when, where, and how financial issues are taken care of, I would greatly appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry Rockit, for me to give you advice would be like the blind leading the blind... I am just trying to figure it all out; however, I could point you towards some info that I found helpful.

Do an SDN search on the Financial Aid forum

Go to the aamc web site or the aacom site
www.aamc.org www.aacom.org

Also try Med Preferred web site with helpful calculators and tips
www.medpreferred.com

The other thing to know about is FASFA... this is an important part of the financial aid process (sorry don't know the website off hand)

Lastly I would go out and buy a ski mask so that you can rob the nearest bank.

-Good luck :luck:

Sit down with a financial aid counselor at your school and let them explain it all to you. It can get very complicated.