CME questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fittipaldi1of1

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Recently graduated and now passed orals. Now what’s the best plan for CME’s? What do you all do?

I purchased a 3 year subscription to UpToDate and already have 40ish cat 1 CMEs, I suppose that’s most of what I need then some odd ball patient safety or opioid ones (whatever my state deems important)?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad


good guide for pt 4

4. Review a journal article directly related to your patient. Self-directed point-of-care learning — something we all do on a regular basis — now counts towards Part 4. Claim 1 point per hour spent on this activity, up to 15 points, and document your work using this form.

Does it mean you can claim 1-2 points by reading an article?

"document your work using this form", the form link does not work. I know for now, ABA does not need you to fill the template form. But for self-documentation purpose, it is probably a good idea to fill one.

Anyone has the template form?
 
Does anyone do the ASA CME credit thing?

This last year is the first in many long years I payed my dues and now I get the journal - thought maybe I should do the CME thing.
 
doximity, 30 credits/year, free, can be done really fast if you are in urgent need.

Agree Uptodate is good; you can actually learn something relevant.
 
Recently graduated and now passed orals. Now what’s the best plan for CME’s? What do you all do?

I purchased a 3 year subscription to UpToDate and already have 40ish cat 1 CMEs, I suppose that’s most of what I need then some odd ball patient safety or opioid ones (whatever my state deems important)?
I've never heard of a hospital that doesn't have an UTD institutional subscription. See if you can get a refund.
 
4. Review a journal article directly related to your patient. Self-directed point-of-care learning — something we all do on a regular basis — now counts towards Part 4. Claim 1 point per hour spent on this activity, up to 15 points, and document your work using this form.

Does it mean you can claim 1-2 points by reading an article?

"document your work using this form", the form link does not work. I know for now, ABA does not need you to fill the template form. But for self-documentation purpose, it is probably a good idea to fill one.

Anyone has the template form?
I think there is no more template because now it’s just an attestation. So I just open a word doc and create some paper trail.