CMS Open Payments 2019 Released

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chartreuse Wombat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Moderators feel free to delete the thread but this is all in the public domain. ALternatively one could put it behind the firewall.

https://openpaymentsdata.cms.gov/.

Anyone know enough about coding to find out the top 20 Radiation Oncologists in general payments from applicable manufacturers and Group Purchasing Organizations?

In 2018 a radiation oncologist was paid >15M$ from Boston Scientific after it purchased Augmenix (SpaceOAR).

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I was paid $86. What am I doing wrong?

Members don't see this ad :)
336$ here, but never received checks. they must be counting lunches that I stop by for in med onc and sign in .

Last edited:
I wonder how accurate these are. Since we forbade drug reps in the clinic, I haven’t come into contact with any of them for a few years. No lunches, no pens, no nothing. I guess I still get mass marketing letters in the mail, that I just throw away and emails that I delete.

Yet, 7 companies are reporting that they have provided me with compensation. Not a lot, but like $50-150 each. I would definitely remember if I got 150 bucks from some drug company.

Is this just tax fraud on their end? I understand that a few hundred bucks, even multiplied by 5000k radiation oncologists is small potatoes for pharma, but I can’t understand any other justification.

Reactions: 2 users
I wonder how accurate these are. Since we forbade drug reps in the clinic, I haven’t come into contact with any of them for a few years. No lunches, no pens, no nothing. I guess I still get mass marketing letters in the mail, that I just throw away and emails that I delete.

Yet, 7 companies are reporting that they have provided me with compensation. Not a lot, but like $50-150 each. I would definitely remember if I got 150 bucks from some drug company.

Is this just tax fraud on their end? I understand that a few hundred bucks, even multiplied by 5000k radiation oncologists is small potatoes for pharma, but I can’t understand any other justification.
Maybe at a conference, there was a dinner? Strip club or hooker?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
That is absolute garbage data that has no place in medical literature.

Agreed. this honestly has me fired up. Pure bs garbage research just to look "novel"

It adds no value whatsoever

That is absolute garbage data that has no place in medical literature.
Young faculty need "pubs" to be promoted. Not much clinically relevant research taking place in Arkansas I guess

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users