Cn Is One

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poety

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hOLA colleagues. I can't believe i can say "colleagues" now, I'm so official like that ya know.

Anyway, amidst my new residency and being actively involved in all kinds of a good stuff - CN TURNED ONE YEAR OLD ON SATURDAY! hooray!

Just thought you all would like to know that :)

How is everyone btw?

Members don't see this ad.

CN? your child?

Poety said:
hOLA colleagues. I can't believe i can say "colleagues" now, I'm so official like that ya know.

Anyway, amidst my new residency and being actively involved in all kinds of a good stuff - CN TURNED ONE YEAR OLD ON SATURDAY! hooray!

How is everyone btw?

As we have all been watching with particular interest, the neonate's progression, please complete the following checklist:

[ ] Drinks from a cup with help
[ ] Sits without suppport
[ ] Builds tower of two blocks
[ ] Walks with hand held
[ ] Pulls to stand
[ ] Feeds self finger food
[ ] Throws objects
[ ] Lets go of toys
[ ] Uses mature pincer grasp
[ ] Uses two words other than "mama" or "dada"
[ ] Engages in immature jargon
[ ] Imitates actions
[ ] Comes when called
[ ] Cooperates with dressing
[ ] Follows one step commands

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Poety said:

How is everyone btw?

Happy birthday, Colorful No-longer-neonate!
:hardy: :clap: :hardy: :clap: :hardy:

Cue the dancing bananas! :love:

Anasazi23 said:
As we have all been watching with particular interest, the neonate's progression, please complete the following checklist:
...Thank you.

How about---
[ ] Throws cup
[ ] Knocks over tower of two blocks
[ ] Runs away when called to change diaper
[ ] Pulls to stand, dragging down your pants
[ ] Throws finger food
[ ] Throws objects with deadly accuracy at your head
[ ] Throws toys
[ ] Uses mature pincer grasp to inflict pain on "mama" or "dada"
[ ] Imitates adults' "immature jargon"
[ ] Imitates actions you never intended to be seen
[ ] Hides when called
[ ] Cooperates with dressing, but prefers to disrobe completely in public places
[ ] Completely disregards one step commands

OldPsychDoc said:
How about---
[ ] Throws cup
[ ] Knocks over tower of two blocks
[ ] Runs away when called to change diaper
[ ] Pulls to stand, dragging down your pants
[ ] Throws finger food
[ ] Throws objects with deadly accuracy at your head
[ ] Throws toys
[ ] Uses mature pincer grasp to inflict pain on "mama" or "dada"
[ ] Imitates adults' "immature jargon"
[ ] Imitates actions you never intended to be seen
[ ] Hides when called
[ ] Cooperates with dressing, but prefers to disrobe completely in public places
[ ] Completely disregards one step commands

:laugh: That's classic. You should submit that to the next edition of Peds Blueprints. It'd get a laugh.

And without further ado....................! Happy Birthday!

birthday.gif

nanaparty.gif

I had a pt tell me the other day all her kids were potty-trained at 8-months....where is CN on that scale!!! :D

Not heard much from you lately??? :cool:

sorry for not being around! Id like to more but Im trying to read, keep up with patients, chase CN (see following list) and be a good intern :) I know my hours are nice but its still tons of work... Im glad you're all doing well... and now for the official check list (which can be applied to your questions too ANASAZI!)

OldPsychDoc said:
How about---
[X ] Throws cup

[ X] Knocks over tower of two blocks

[X ] Runs away when called to change diaper (and kicks and screams)

[ ] Pulls to stand, dragging down your pants (can now stand from sitting like the DMD kids can't thats awful, sorry to say it, you know what I mean though)
[ X] Throws finger food (and WONT eat babyfood)
[X ] Throws objects with deadly accuracy at your head
[X ] Throws toys(hits dogs and cat, but is nicer to cat since the "scratch"

[ X] Uses mature pincer grasp to inflict pain on "mama" or "dada"(OH MY GOD, WHAT IS THAT ABOUT, LAYING THERE SLEEPING AND SHE PINCHES THE SHYT OUTTA ME FOR NOTHIGN!!!!)
[X ] Imitates adults' "immature jargon"
[ X] Imitates actions you never intended to be seen (and umm touching momma in places she doesn't like to be touched :laugh: )
[ X] Hides when called (and chases you if you hide from her, AND SHUTS DOOR ON YOU WHEN YOU EXIT THE HOUSEHOLD!)
[ ] Cooperates with dressing, but prefers to disrobe completely in public places (no cooperation, screaming fits, and back arching, and kicking, and... fill in the blank)
[ X] Completely disregards one step commands (and laughs while shes blatantly ignoring you)

I'd like to add:

rides her motorized bike if you push the button
plays with the remote and stops recording the show you want to see
throws milk around the house and squeezes sippy cup to fill shoes with whatever liquid is in cup
eats shampoo caps and diaper cream
eats paper and baby wipes
will NOT eat regular food, but loves those fruit snacks
runs around SCREAMING :scared: for no reason
has 8 teeth
Is 75% height and weight
Is still the cutest lil thing ever :oops:

ETA: also, dances to the theme from "cops" bad boys bad boys by waving one of her hands back and forth, she kinda looked "special" if you get my drift, but now its cute

Anasazi23 said:

[ x] Drinks from a cup with help
[ ]x Sits without suppport
[ ] xBuilds tower of two blocks
[ ]x Walks with hand held
[ x] Pulls to stand
[ x] Feeds self finger food
[ x] Throws objects
[ x] Lets go of toys
[ x] Uses mature pincer grasp
[ x] Uses two words other than "mama" or "dada"
[ x] Engages in immature jargon
[ x] Imitates actions
[ x] Comes when called
[ ] Cooperates with dressing X (see below for details) :smuggrin:
[ x] Follows one step commands

Thank you.
This is the real list - however, she does NOT cooperate with dressing, maybe a push of her arm through the sleeve while screaming, well I guess that IS cooperating, ok I'll check it off

Poety said:
This is the real list - however, she does NOT cooperate with dressing, maybe a push of her arm through the sleeve while screaming, well I guess that IS cooperating, ok I'll check it off

No offense intended here Poetry, but looking at the new pic, I'm not sure I wouldn't object to getting dressed in that outfit either ;) . You are a lucky woman to get CN to actually keep the hat on. Since my husband gets up later with the kids, he gets to pick out the clothes, you should see how my daughter is dressed - hand-me-down navy shorts and navy shirt "it doesn't show the food stains" while 10 different dress outfits courtesy of grandmothers x2 sit in the drawer unused and neatly folded.

MBK2003

MBK2003 said:
No offense intended here Poetry, but looking at the new pic, I'm not sure I wouldn't object to getting dressed in that outfit either ;) . You are a lucky woman to get CN to actually keep the hat on. Since my husband gets up later with the kids, he gets to pick out the clothes, you should see how my daughter is dressed - hand-me-down navy shorts and navy shirt "it doesn't show the food stains" while 10 different dress outfits courtesy of grandmothers x2 sit in the drawer unused and neatly folded.

MBK2003

awww you don't like her beach dress? when her great grandmother bought it i was like "oh, lovely" :scared: but when I got it on her I thought it was cute so I took the picture :oops:

I made the mistake of not letting her wear anything nice and she outgrew half of her clothes, so now, she wears them til they're stained and then they get put away in the "donate" box :laugh:

its amazing she wears hats isn't it?