CNA jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ayoung45

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get into CNA for clinical exposure. I'm wondering about the downside or pitfalls of this job.

I'm not at all concerned about the parts of the job considered "gross". Blood, stool, vomit never bothered me.

One thing that I'm leery of is that I'm a big softy when it comes to listening to people. Is there a lot of pressure to keep moving and do you have to cut people off sometimes? That could be hard for me with chatty patients.

Also, are there any job safety concerns I need to watch out for? I imagine this is covered in training.

Interested in general comments about the job from those with expereince.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

In what context will you be working? Are you still in undergrad and looking for clinical experience as a CNA? Or is this something you'll be doing full-time during a gap year?

Although working as a CNA can be a great patient-contact experience, the job itself is physically demanding. I worked as a CNA for about a year and half, it was the hardest job I've ever done in my life.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone but there are also other jobs that can give you great clinical experience, such as EMT-B, etc.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.