Cochlear Implant Study

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

peacegirl95

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be graduating in May from with my bachelors in CD, and this year I am conducting a research study with a mentor. However, I have never do this before, and the toppic is cochlear implants which I am interested in. However, the study is suppose to benefit the cochlear implant clinic at my university which makes finding a topic more difficult. I was thinking about doing something with music therapy, but I'm not sure of a direction. Any suggestions would be welcomed 🙂🙂
 
Last edited:
hi peacegirl~ congrats on your upcoming graduation. music in cochlear implant recipients is a great research topic--very interesting indeed. perhaps you can do something on song/melody recognition in CI users as tone and music perception remain challenging and less enjoyable post-implantation. there is an article by Looi and She in the International Journal of Audiology that talked about this related topic. hope this helps. 🙂
 
You may like the CI course, Dusty. Soon, I am suppose to check out the AB Factory out here in southern California to get a walk-through of Sound-wave programming software. I think it'll be beneficial for any AuD student to get a better view/understanding of how CI's work.
 
Last edited: