coding question

Started by ODhopeful
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ODhopeful

Super OD World Domination
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is 92003 or 92013 a recognized code when billing medicare? I can find 92002/92012 and 92004/92014 in the fee schedule for medicare but not 92003 or 92013. Does that mean I can only bill level 2 or 4? Thanks a bunch.
 
I've never heard of the "3" level codes. There are two levels of billing for an eye examination. Levels 92002/92012 or 92004/92014. Have you run across a level 3 code?

Peace.
 
Seems you may be mixing up ophthalmological (Eye Codes) which are 92002/92012 and 92004/99214 (new and established respectively) with Evaulation & Management codes (E&M) codes...ie. 99202, 99203, 99204, 99212, 99213, 99214, etc....

ODs can and do bill both.