Gunter

5+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2014
I've been doing retail for good 5 years now and think it's time to move forward with my career. Saw a position posted for centralize order entry pharmacist (work at home) position by HealthTrust and thought this is pretty neat. Sounds like I'm able to be at home with my family more to take care of my little kids and pay is good. Not sure if this is true, but want some thoughts from those who has experience doing this, we know retail is not going to get better as long as the ****ty PBMs are controlling the market

About the Ads
May 30, 2018
you underestimate the number of unemployed pharmacist...
Haha - good luck with this. I am a pharmacist that works from home about 70% of my job and I can say that it is rather nice that way.

The only thing I will caution you is to say - when you work from home, the work never seems to end. It feels like I’m always supposed to be working.

Another thing about working from home..... Weight gain becomes a top concern. No seriously..... I found out really fast that you will blow up like a blimp if you work from your couch... Combine that with the feeling that you need to constantly be working - and before you know it you are on the couch 24/7...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: CaNvWa farm

rxkrafted

5+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2014
Status
Pharmacist
They usually hire within the network because it requires less training and they are already familiar with the system to efficiently enter orders in adequate time. On top of that, referrals usually come first.
But I guess it doesn't hurt to try lol

Nov 11, 2019
They just received 500 applications in the last 30min.
I wouldn't doubt it. I got in touch with a DOP at a hospital in Bethel, AK who said that while they would normally consider new grads for staff pharmacist positions, they are currently only considering applications submitted by experienced pharmacists since they received a number of apps from pharmacists with at least several years of experience for their most recent job postings.

• Sad
Reactions: CaNvWa farm
OP
Gunter

Gunter

5+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2014
Haha - good luck with this. I am a pharmacist that works from home about 70% of my job and I can say that it is rather nice that way.

The only thing I will caution you is to say - when you work from home, the work never seems to end. It feels like I’m always supposed to be working.

Another thing about working from home..... Weight gain becomes a top concern. No seriously..... I found out really fast that you will blow up like a blimp if you work from your couch... Combine that with the feeling that you need to constantly be working - and before you know it you are on the couch 24/7...
So are you currently a COE pharmacist? and they don’t split up the work hours?

stoichiometrist

7+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2011
It's up to 1,000 applications now.
They most likely had an internal candidate in mind already.

Still, they probably have 1,500 applications by now.

Reactions: Gunter and mentos
About the Ads