cold feet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hope2bnmd!

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guyss--was wondering if anyone was nervous about starting their anesthesia residencies...i know its normal, but its like now were in the driver's seat...no more med student rotation! my intubating skills are pretty weak--so i got alot of learning to do. hopefully they'll be patient w/us?? its a totally different world we're entering, it's like learning everything from scratch. just thought id share my current state of mind. lol.

Members don't see this ad.

hope2bnmd! said:
hey guyss--was wondering if anyone was nervous about starting their anesthesia residencies...i know its normal, but its like now were in the driver's seat...no more med student rotation! my intubating skills are pretty weak--so i got alot of learning to do. hopefully they'll be patient w/us?? its a totally different world we're entering, it's like learning everything from scratch. just thought id share my current state of mind. lol.

Don't worry about it - it is normal to be nervous. Relax. You probably won't be able to intubate some people and you will blow lots of IVs, this is normal too. You have to learn this from practice, nowhere else. You are not expected to show up and already have these skills. If you want to impress you could read up on the basics of anesthesia in any book.