collagen

Started by KiTmAn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

oh perfect! thanks a lot...
for some reason i was thinking Collagen VII i guess thats not it!

Well there is Type VII in dermal-epidermal junctions that forms the anchoring fibrils with the basement membrane. But the majority of collagen in the dermis is type I. Might be thinking type VII from oral bio...muaahahaha
 
to cut all the confusion here is a summary for collagen distribution in human body:

Type I: ligaments, tendons, dermis of skin (adults), bones, fasciae,sclera
Type II: hyaline cartilage, cornea, vitreous body
Type III: asscoiated with Type I most of the times. found in : boold vessels, smooth muscles, most internal organs, fetal dermis
Type IV: basal lamina
Type V: placenta, fetal membranes.
 

Similar threads

M
  • Question Question
Replies
0
Views
1K
MsPurtell
M