College acceptance rescinded (chances)

Chamahk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright guys. I'm currently screwing up big time. This marking period is nearly over and there's just one more left and school's done. I have about 1 test left in each class and this marking period comes to a close.
The way things work in my school. everything for the 3 marking periods is cumilative. First marking period I didn't see my report card but I failed two classes. I always make the honor / merit roll but I didn't this time around.
When I sent my transcript to the college for admission, I had a gpa of a 92 / A- / 3.7 for the first three years of school.
Now it seems even if I go crazy and study my head off, the best thing I can pull off to end the school year would be nothing higher than an 83 or something in the 70s. I'm not really sure. But that's a bit of a significant drop and I'm really scared. My folks would be heart broken if I got rescinded. Not to mention the shame and humiliation I'll go through.
I sent an e-mail to one of the admission guys concerning that particular school's rescinding procedures and standards. He didn't reply back to me. My next move will be to call and speak to someone and find out.
Rather than getting rescinded, can I b.s. an essay and the school could place me on some academic program but still allow me to come there in the fall?? ex, "get a gpa of a 3.??"

Guys please help. Anyone been through this before?? How does this process work. I've been hit by senioritis really badly.

Members don't see this ad.

Alright, let me just tell you that you messed up big time. 83 is a big drop from 92, but its not the end of the world. Now about your admission being pulled. I think that will depend on what kind of schools you were accepted to. If it was a state school, then I dont think you should worry too much. But if it was a highly competitive school, then maby you should worry a little. Some schools give you a chance to prove your self during the summer semester (they accept you conditionally). If you do well then you get to stay for the fall semester. Talk you the schools about that.

Good luck :luck::xf::luck: