College and Medschool! HELP!

Started by dermmaybe
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dermmaybe

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a senior about to graduate in May and I really need to figure out where I am going to school. I've always been interested in dermatology and am really thinking about pursing it as a career. As far as college, I got in to Loyola in Chicago, Depaul, and Ball State. I obviously want to be prepared for medschool, but I also don't want to already be in piles of debt after getting my bachelor's (that's what medschool is for right?) So basically if I went to Ball State would I still be able to get into medschool? I mean I am a good student and everything so that's not a problem, but are they just going to automatically look me over cause I'm not going to one of the "well-known" schools?

Advice would be FANTASTIC. I'm pulling my hair out at this point. Thanks.
 
I'm a senior about to graduate in May and I really need to figure out where I am going to school. I've always been interested in dermatology and am really thinking about pursing it as a career. As far as college, I got in to Loyola in Chicago, Depaul, and Ball State. I obviously want to be prepared for medschool, but I also don't want to already be in piles of debt after getting my bachelor's (that's what medschool is for right?) So basically if I went to Ball State would I still be able to get into medschool? I mean I am a good student and everything so that's not a problem, but are they just going to automatically look me over cause I'm not going to one of the "well-known" schools?

Advice would be FANTASTIC. I'm pulling my hair out at this point. Thanks.

If you feel most comfortable at Ball State, and its a place you can afford, then i say go for it. Getting into med school will not be a program given that you have a nice Gpa and good MCAT scores. For now, its more important that you consider education quality.

Most people will tell you go where cheapest, but i dont believe in that, so i will tell you go where you feel comfortable and where it doesnt burden you with 50k loans per year, because thats probably not something you or your family is interested in.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, we can. Our hard-working Americans will get into med schools by attending ball state. May dreams and hopes be in Ball state !