College Courses

D

deleted316655

I have the opportunity as a freshman to take college courses over the summer. It can be science or not science although I was thinking of taking a psychology course. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for what course I should take.
Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I would not take a science course over the summer. The simple fact is that summer courses generally cover material much more quickly than in a regular semester format. Since you have not had an actual college course, and have most likely not developed college study habits, taking a science course over the summer may be like asking you to run before you can walk.

I would do an English or something of that nature just to knock it out of the way. Doesn't hurt to get a bit of a headstart if you can.

I would definitely not recommend taking a physical or natural science over the summer (Chemistry, Physics, Biology, etc...). A lot of the time the summer professors are not permanent university faculty (so a lot of the time they suck). But social sciences (Psychology, Sociology, etc...) I don't think you should have a problem, since they are not really as "involved".

Of course anything that is a general education course, shouldn't be a problem.