College Question: Premed or 6 year med program

greenchailatte

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a junior in high school. I want to apply to a school with a good and rigorous yet enjoyable med-start pre-med program that I will be able to learn the material I need and get decent grades.
I have a 3.8 in school right now, I take the IB curriculum and I am taking calculus physics biology (subjects that would related with med) and a decent score on the ACT and alot of extracurricular activities
I have a list of schools that I was considering:
U of Michigan
Duke
Harvard
Johns Hopkins
Washington in St Louis
NYU Abu Dhabi
Boston C
Wayne State Med Start
Schools that I have looked at are:
Stanford
Princeton
Vanderbilt
USC
I was wondering if anyone would give me some good colleges that I could look into. Also, are the colleges that I am considering fit into what I want out of a college?
Also, could someone explain the difference between a medstart program and premed and a 6 year med school program?

Members don't see this ad.

Premed: An undergrad student taking the medical school prerequisites who intends to go to med school
6 year program: BS/MD program that condenses the normally 4-year undergrad into two years, then 4 years med school. There are also 7 and 8 year BS/MD programs
MedStart: A name some schools give their BS/MD programs, such as at Wayne State

If you google BS/MD programs, you will find a list. Take a look to see if you interested in any of them.