Color Career Counselor

Started by GellaBella
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GellaBella

Penn Vet V'14
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha so I found this link


http://www.deweycolorsystem.org/take-the-test.html


when I was shiftily sneaking around in the pre-med forum. It uses your color preferences to try to determine your 'best occupation'. Only takes a second and well damn. I won't say it didn't suprise me! So since I'm killing time waiting for my experiment to finish up, I figured I'd post this over here so we can have some fun.

Best Occupational Category

You're a RESEARCHER

Keywords

Independent, Self-Motivated, Reserved, Introspective, Analytical, and Curious

e investigative types gather information, analyze and interpret data, and inquire to uncover new facts. They have a strong scientific orientation, enjoy academic or research environments and prefer self-reliant jobs. Dislikes are group projects, selling, and repetitive activities.
RESEARCHER OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are College Professor, Physician, Psychologist, Pharmacist, Chemist, Marketing Research, Inventor, Sales Forecasting, Project Engineer, Dentist, Identifying Consumer Demand, Chiropractor, Dentist, Medical Technician, Optometrist, Research & Development Manager, Respiratory Therapist, Real Estate Appraiser, Chiropractor, Veterinarian, Geologist, Physicist, Science Teacher, Medical Technologist, and Author of Technical Books.
 
I tried taking the test and it kept repeating itself...one I entered my name and email address it takes me right back to the beginning!
 
i just put fake name and clicked ahead with no email, and then i said "no thanks" when it asked for more info.

i got "creator" which i love being creative and stuff but all the jobs listed are def not me... web designer etc lol well, i guess ill be a great interior designer once i buy my own house! haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took it and it does not fit me at all. I am probably one of the least organized people I know. 😳

Best Occupational Category

You're an ORGANIZER

Keywords

Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate

These conservative appearing, plotting-types enjoy organizing, data systems, accounting, detail, and accuracy. They often enjoy mathematics and data management activities such as accounting and investment management. Persistence and patience allows them to do detailed paperwork, operate office machines, write business reports, and make charts and graphs. ORGANIZER CAREERS
Suggested careers are Administrator, Secretary, Printer, Paralegal, Building Inspector, Bank Cashier, Private Secretary, Statistician, Operations Manager, Financial Analyst, Bookkeeper, Medical Records Technician, Developer of Business or Computer Systems, Clerical Worker, Proofreader, Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Banker, Certified Public Accountant, Credit Manager, Store Salesperson, Actuary, Dental Assistant, Business Education Teacher, Food Service Manager, IRS Agent, Budget Analyst, and Underwriter.
 
haha i just looked at mine again and it says my best occupation is researcher but that my dislikes are "group projects, selling, and repetitive activities"

not sure what is more repetitive than research!

Then my second best occupation is "social manager" where I 'enjoy working in groups'

those two contradict each other juuuuust a little.

haha. oh well 😛
 
just curious because im a researcher too, what colors are at the top of your list? my fav color is purple and the other colors i chose in order were magenta, orange, teal, blue, yellow. lime green was always my least fav
 
Not to get too analytical about some internet test results, but I do hate repetitive things a whole lot, and that's why I rotate through my 3 main research projects and the tasks to be done on those projects such that I never do the same thing twice in one week, it seems. 😛

edit: always teal, green, blue, magenta, purple and eventually I was presented with a slate full of "ugly colors" (orange, brown, lime green, gold, etc) and kind of picked at random except brown was last.
 
Best Occupational Category

You're an ORGANIZER



Ha yeah.... right. Most accurate career testing instrument, my ass.
 
I'm a creator...suggested careers include artist, designer, illustrator, musician, ect...

Yeah, this is pretty silly--the only thing I've ever been able to draw with any accuracy are goats...
 
Not to get too analytical about some internet test results, but I do hate repetitive things a whole lot, and that's why I rotate through my 3 main research projects and the tasks to be done on those projects such that I never do the same thing twice in one week, it seems. 😛

edit: always teal, green, blue, magenta, purple and eventually I was presented with a slate full of "ugly colors" (orange, brown, lime green, gold, etc) and kind of picked at random except brown was last.


I picked brown last too!

maybe brown-haters are researchers?! haha

I picked the blues and greens first then black and white, purples then reds and oranges finally lime green and brown were my last two.
 
You're a CREATOR

Keywords

Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional

These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas.

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.
-----

Funny that those boldfaced careers would show up--they're ones I've considered in the past. I think I'd be a great medical/scientific illustrator; I've got the drawing skills and I'd enjoy doing the necessary research to make sure I know what I'm drawing and that it's accurate. I've also thought it would be cool to create exhibits for museums, particularly natural history museums.

And when I was a kid I not only wanted to be a vet, but I wanted to be an architect as well--specifically a zoo architect, because I didn't like the ugly buildings at the zoo, or any enclosure that had metal bars between the animals and their viewers. When I was in fifth grade I had to write a paper on elephants, but I got bored writing the paper. So instead I drew an elaborately detailed bunch of floorplans and elevations for an ideal elephant exhibit and turned those in instead. My teacher was not amused. :laugh:

(FWIW, my favorite primary was blue, but after that I tended to prefer hot colors--orange, then magenta, then red-orange, red, purple, indigo--teal, lime green, and yellow were last.)
 
i just put fake name and clicked ahead with no email, and then i said "no thanks" when it asked for more info.

i got "creator" which i love being creative and stuff but all the jobs listed are def not me... web designer etc lol well, i guess ill be a great interior designer once i buy my own house! haha


lol please stop being like me blackat that's exactly what I got 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hahaha i saw your name on the thread and i was like "oo oo i wonder if she got what i did!" lol

lol that's so weird! Lime green is my least fave color as well. My 2nd best occupation was social manager. "Fields of interest are instructing, helping, nurturing, care giving and instructing-especially young people." I suppose vet would fit in his category 🙂 minus the young people thing. Although I do love kids
 
lol that's so weird! Lime green is my least fave color as well. My 2nd best occupation was social manager. "Fields of interest are instructing, helping, nurturing, care giving and instructing-especially young people." I suppose vet would fit in his category 🙂 minus the young people thing. Although I do love kids

ogod lol so crazy. i got social manager as my second one too! wow we def have to meet up in IL!!
 
always teal, green, blue, magenta, purple and eventually I was presented with a slate full of "ugly colors" (orange, brown, lime green, gold, etc) and kind of picked at random except brown was last.

I picked almost EXACTLY this same order! Freaky. 🙂

For some reason though I like gold even though I don't really like yellow... I don't mind brown either but it was towards the end with orange and red definitely being last.

I got researcher too, by the way. My second category was occupational manager.
 
I'm a doer! "These adventurous types prefer action-oriented, concrete problems rather than dealing with thought-provoking, ambiguous, abstract dilemmas. Fields of interest include mechanical, construction, and outdoor careers. They might also enjoy working with machines, tools, and equipment to repair or build something."
The occupations sound so manly for that... One of my favorites from my list was a plumber. According to my dad I already have the pants for that one. So long vet school!
 
I'm a Researcher too!

Whenever White came up, I always picked that last. White is sooo blah and boring 😛
 
I got creator first which makes sense because I do like to draw sometimes.

Second, it got persuader, which is funny because I am not agressive, argumentative, or sociable at all, and I'm always hearing about how I should be more competitive. I'm more of the quiet type.

You're a PERSUADER
Keywords:

Witty, Competitive, Sociable, Talkative, Ambitious, Argumentative, and Aggressive
These enterprising types sell, persuade, and lead others. Positions of leadership, power, and status are usually their ultimate goal. Persuasive people like to take financial and interpersonal risks and to participate in competitive activities. They enjoy working with others inside organizations to accomplish goals and achieve economic success.

I put orange as my least favorite, that orange was yucky and reminded me of our seventh grade classrooms which were that color.
 
Boy, that didn't get me at all really. It said I was a creator and I believe I am the least creative person out there. Oh well.

Hey, I match yours Clairbear. 🙂
 
You're a DOER

Keywords
Emotionally Stable, Reliable, High Energy, Practical, Thrifty, and Persistent


These adventurous types prefer action-oriented, concrete problems rather than dealing with thought-provoking, ambiguous, abstract dilemmas. Fields of interest include mechanical, construction, and outdoor careers. They might also enjoy working with machines, tools, and equipment to repair or build something.
 
Organizer here as well.

I love to organize 😍 (maybe not that much, but you know...)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad