Colorado MPJE help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mewin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am a foreign graduate and taking colorado MPJE. please suggest me what books or reference materials to buy . Please respond. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you ever find any good material? I am from Kansas currently studying for the Colorado MPJE.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys I just took FL MPJE yesterday and it was very tough soI decided to apply for Colorado MPJE and I will be taking the test within 2 weeks please if anyone can help me with any suggestions for the materials I would really appreciated.

Guys I just took FL MPJE yesterday and it was very tough soI decided to apply for Colorado MPJE and I will be taking the test within 2 weeks please if anyone can help me with any suggestions for the materials I would really appreciated.

I live and work in Colorado, took the MPJE years ago but scored high. I can give you some ideas but two weeks is not enough time.

When I took it I used three sources: 1. the board rules, regulations, policies 2. Pharmacist manual from DEA 3. Pronto pass for Colorado.

You'll laugh when you get the pronto pass cards because you will think you got ripped off but I found them to be useful.

In the board regulations search for "professional references." This is the references that ALL pharmacies have to keep on hand in the pharmacy and its the rules regs and CFR excepts. Its about 4 inches of paper.

Some nuggets Colorado is liberal in what it allows a prescriber to prescribe and to whom they may do it BUT a vet can never write for a human.
If a PA writes for a cs, their supervising physicians name and dea (not signature) must appear on rx so call ins you have to write it down.
In Colorado you get disciplined for violations of law and regulation (they get quoted in the board action) so if someone complains about a 20 minute wait to the board, it will get investigated but you won't get disciplined.

When I took it I used three sources: 1. the board rules, regulations, policies 2. Pharmacist manual from DEA 3. Pronto pass for Colorado.

You'll laugh when you get the pronto pass cards because you will think you got ripped off but I found them to be useful.

In the board regulations search for "professional references." This is the references that ALL pharmacies have to keep on hand in the pharmacy and its the rules regs and CFR excepts. Its about 4 inches of paper.

Some nuggets Colorado is liberal in what it allows a prescriber to prescribe and to whom they may do it BUT a vet can never write for a human.
If a PA writes for a cs, their supervising physicians name and dea (not signature) must appear on rx so call ins you have to write it down.
In Colorado you get disciplined for violations of law and regulation (they get quoted in the board action) so if someone complains about a 20 minute wait to the board, it will get investigated but you won't get disciplined.
I really appreciate ur help and I will get the same materials u used for preparation, one more question if u don’t mind, how do u think in ur opinion the market demand for pharmacist in Colorado, is it hard to find job?
Thank u,

I really appreciate ur help and I will get the same materials u used for preparation, one more question if u don’t mind, how do u think in ur opinion the market demand for pharmacist in Colorado, is it hard to find job?
Thank u,

Its saturated in the whole USA. Colorado is much the same. Positions come open and there is massive competition. It also depends on the market you are looking for as there are different markets for different positions. Pharmacy directors are in demand, clinicians/informatics, and inpatient. Routine outpatient and retail is saturated. Although if someone likes you it doesn't matter a current employee could be on their way out. If you are interested in working retail and flexible in location, PM me and I can tell you more where you are likely to find a job and who to talk to.

By the way Colorado is a big state and it is all not covered with blue spruce, aspens and snow. Some areas are highly developed and some areas very rural. Some areas are very expensive, some dirt cheap.

Its saturated in the whole USA. Colorado is much the same. Positions come open and there is massive competition. It also depends on the market you are looking for as there are different markets for different positions. Pharmacy directors are in demand, clinicians/informatics, and inpatient. Routine outpatient and retail is saturated. Although if someone likes you it doesn't matter a current employee could be on their way out. If you are interested in working retail and flexible in location, PM me and I can tell you more where you are likely to find a job and who to talk to.

By the way Colorado is a big state and it is all not covered with blue spruce, aspens and snow. Some areas are highly developed and some areas very rural. Some areas are very expensive, some dirt cheap.
Thank you so much for your time, that was nice of you telling me that.
Definitely I’ll keep you posted once I’m done with the test cause I really need your advices.
Thank you one more time,

Thanks for the info! Do you know when do prescriptions for ALL controlled substances in 2-5 expire? I’m studying for the CO MPJE and all I can find is one year from the date written, but it doesn’t specify if it’s for non controls only or if that also includes controlled substances.

6 months don't forget to read controlled substances act of 2013 18-18-308 4 (c) Did you buy the cards?