1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Colorado Pharmacist Job Market

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by KansasPharmGirl, Jul 30, 2015.

1. KansasPharmGirl

KansasPharmGirl pharmgirl
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I'm currently a P3 student, and my dream is to work as a pharmacist in Colorado. I work retail now, and I will most likely go into retail (I know that's where most of the jobs are). Also, grocery store pharmacy is where it's at! ;). How difficult is it to find work in Colorado? I'm willing to work anywhere in CO, but I'd prefer to be near or in the mountains. I'm open to working for any company. Does anyone have any other advice on this? I'm also considering setting up a rotation out there, possibly at Safeway.

#1 KansasPharmGirl, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. samuricool

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Denver is a little tough. It is definitely where the majority of the state resides. Safeway just acquired Albertsons so they closed down a few stores to consolidate nearby businesses. King Soopers (Kroger) is, from what I hear, a great place to work. Staff and floaters are unionized if you're into that. However they are also a little difficult to get a foot in the door.

I can't really speak for Colorado Springs or other "near mountain" locations.

4. phrmgrl88

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    The market in Colorado is very tight, but if you're willing to move a few miles north to Wyoming there are tons of options. And still mountains :) Or, if you want to live IN the mountains, those are often difficult-to-staff stores, due to cost of living, resort-town atmosphere, difficult work environment (think TRANSFERS from vacationers). More likely to find openings there.

5. KansasPharmGirl

KansasPharmGirl pharmgirl
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Thank you for the advice.

#4 KansasPharmGirl, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017