Colorado State University MSB 1-Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Katie Werman

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am an alumni of this program, and am applying to medical school this year. It's a great program for premeds and other programs, I am so happy I went through this program before going to med school! I realized there isn't a thread on this program, so I am happy to give information and provide answers to questions for anyone who is looking at it as a potential postbacc program before medical school!
 
Hi, I applied to this program and have some questions.

Is there still a linkage with the RVU-COM and if so, how does it work? Did you have classmates who were able to matriculate at RVU this way?
 
Hi, I applied to this program and have some questions.

Is there still a linkage with the RVU-COM and if so, how does it work? Did you have classmates who were able to matriculate at RVU this way?

I am quite familiar, as Colorado State is my alma mater.

Simply, RVU-COM holds 6 seats annually for CSU MBS graduates.
To be considered all you need is a 3.4 GPA in the program, as well as a few other non-stat requirements.
But I don't think there is a minimum MCAT needed to be considered.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am quite familiar, as Colorado State is my alma mater.

Simply, RVU-COM holds 6 seats annually for CSU MBS graduates.
To be considered all you need is a 3.4 GPA in the program, as well as a few other non-stat requirements.
But I don't think there is a minimum MCAT needed to be considered.
thank you, that makes sense and is certainly helpful. Do you know, is there a lot of competition for these seats? I assume from a class of 50 that a good chunk of people meet the requirements, but also that people have different plans/goals.
 
Last edited:
thank you, that makes sense and is certainly helpful. Do you know, is there a lot of competition for these seats? I assume from a class of 50 that a good chunk of people meet the requirements, but also that people have different plans/goals.

I'm not really sure, but I know that only some of the students want to go to medical school.

Simply, the higher the GPA you can get, the better your chances.
So I say try to aim for 3.6+ - this is pretty manageable to do if you put in the time/work as I have taken a few of the classes in the program.
And although there is no MCAT minimum, a good score will obviously help a lot as well.