Colossal Squid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chewbacca Jung

Walking Carpet
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you know that the "Colossal squid, known by the scientific name Mesonychoteuthis hamiltoni, are estimated to grow up to 46 feet long and have long been one of the most mysterious creatures of the deep ocean...?!"

They caught one in New Zealand.

Sorry, this may have nothing to do with psychiatry, but I thought it was pretty cool... 46 feet!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070222/ap_on_fe_st/new_zealand_colossal_squid_4

Members don't see this ad.

CJ -

you could make an argument it has something to do with neuroscience, since squid axons were some of the earliest studied because they're so large.

btw, don't you have a poster to work on? ;)

Actually I was thinking more along achetypal lines of a ancient beast burried deep in the ocean recesses of the mind.

all work and no play makes chewbacca a dull wookie.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I read the title of this thread, I also assumed we were going to be talking about some sort of axon in research.

Sort of a projective test to see where your psychiatric theoretical underpinnings lye, I suppose.

(pun intended)

any one else care to free associate?

ready.... Monkey!:)

now, can you just dig up a free associate archive from the grave and go with it? I think that it is now among the "free associated".

you kind of have to begin a fresh to have any validity to your derailment...