Columbia 2ndary: GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sarak510

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to ask what people have been entering on their science GPA....BCPM or just BCP?
Just wondering.....

Members don't see this ad.

I should probably read the instructions a bit more, but what are people entering... their AMCAS GPA or the GPA as calculated by their college?

Severus said:
I should probably read the instructions a bit more, but what are people entering... their AMCAS GPA or the GPA as calculated by their college?

For my cumulative GPA I just entered the GPA as calculated by my college....

Members don't see this ad :)
Sarak510 said:

I kind of want to do that too, because of all the +'s I have. It takes my bcmp from a 3.3 to a 3.5, and my overall from a 3.5 to a 3.7

Can we actually do that????

Sarak510 said:

If I recall correctly, this is what I did. I took whatever the GPA was on my transcript, since AMCAS hadn't verified yet when I filled out this secondary. No one brought anything up at my interview, so I'm assuming as long as you don't pull something completely out of nowhere, they won't mind much.

LauraPaz said:
If I recall correctly, this is what I did. I took whatever the GPA was on my transcript, since AMCAS hadn't verified yet when I filled out this secondary. No one brought anything up at my interview, so I'm assuming as long as you don't pull something completely out of nowhere, they won't mind much.

My school doesn't put GPAs on the transcripts and because of a couple of retakes, my transcript GPA and my AMCAS GPA differ by about .1. Maybe I'll just put my transcript GPAs down then. :D

Hmm...I don't remember any of my schools' secondaries asking for my GPA.

In any case, I had the situation where I took some college math classes during high school...and got all As in them, so it raised the GPA on my undergrad transcript a certain amount. So I probably would have used my AMCAS GPA.

Just use the higher one. If you have some basis for it (ie. you can show them a transcript with the score), then you should be okay but also know your AMCAS GPAs in case they ask about it.

I put the GPA from my AMCAS application (BCPM for "Science") and AO for "Total" because COLUMBIA DOESN'T GET YOUR TRANSCRIPT! They have no way of verifying that what you put is what your transcript says. I think you need to put it DIRECTLY from your AMCAS--otherwise what is the point of verification?

jackieMD2007 said:
I put the GPA from my AMCAS application (BCPM for "Science") and AO for "Total" because COLUMBIA DOESN'T GET YOUR TRANSCRIPT! They have no way of verifying that what you put is what your transcript says. I think you need to put it DIRECTLY from your AMCAS--otherwise what is the point of verification?

Actually Columbia does get your transcript. They were the only school I applied to that asked for their own copy of my transcript with the secondary. So they, unlike everyone else I dealt with, will see your school's version of your GPA in addition to the one on AMCAS.

when does columbia ask for a transcript? Just wondering because I just turned in my secondary, and I do not remember them asking for it at this stage. Thx! :)

rayster said:
when does columbia ask for a transcript? Just wondering because I just turned in my secondary, and I do not remember them asking for it at this stage. Thx! :)

Well, I know I sent them one, and it was with the secondary. Maybe they changed it this year, who knows?