1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Columbia 2ndary: GPA

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Sarak510, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Sarak510

Sarak510 Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Just wanted to ask what people have been entering on their science GPA....BCPM or just BCP?
    Just wondering.....

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Severus

Severus FTSM!
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I should probably read the instructions a bit more, but what are people entering... their AMCAS GPA or the GPA as calculated by their college?

4. Sarak510

Sarak510 Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

For my cumulative GPA I just entered the GPA as calculated by my college....

5. baylormed

baylormed On the Search
    5+ Year Member

Post Doc
    I kind of want to do that too, because of all the +'s I have. It takes my bcmp from a 3.3 to a 3.5, and my overall from a 3.5 to a 3.7

Can we actually do that????

6. LauraPaz

LauraPaz Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    If I recall correctly, this is what I did. I took whatever the GPA was on my transcript, since AMCAS hadn't verified yet when I filled out this secondary. No one brought anything up at my interview, so I'm assuming as long as you don't pull something completely out of nowhere, they won't mind much.

7. iceman77_7

iceman77_7 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    My school doesn't put GPAs on the transcripts and because of a couple of retakes, my transcript GPA and my AMCAS GPA differ by about .1. Maybe I'll just put my transcript GPAs down then. :D

8. sentrosi

sentrosi INTARWEB USER
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hmm...I don't remember any of my schools' secondaries asking for my GPA.

In any case, I had the situation where I took some college math classes during high school...and got all As in them, so it raised the GPA on my undergrad transcript a certain amount. So I probably would have used my AMCAS GPA.

Just use the higher one. If you have some basis for it (ie. you can show them a transcript with the score), then you should be okay but also know your AMCAS GPAs in case they ask about it.

9. jackieMD2007

jackieMD2007 ***MVI***
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I put the GPA from my AMCAS application (BCPM for "Science") and AO for "Total" because COLUMBIA DOESN'T GET YOUR TRANSCRIPT! They have no way of verifying that what you put is what your transcript says. I think you need to put it DIRECTLY from your AMCAS--otherwise what is the point of verification?

10. LauraPaz

LauraPaz Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Actually Columbia does get your transcript. They were the only school I applied to that asked for their own copy of my transcript with the secondary. So they, unlike everyone else I dealt with, will see your school's version of your GPA in addition to the one on AMCAS.

11. rayster

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    when does columbia ask for a transcript? Just wondering because I just turned in my secondary, and I do not remember them asking for it at this stage. Thx! :)

12. LauraPaz

LauraPaz Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Well, I know I sent them one, and it was with the secondary. Maybe they changed it this year, who knows?