columbia acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nitrolegs

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got this email today: does this mean an acceptance?

We were recently advised of a typo on your acceptance letter; where it incorrectly states, “class 2013”, should say, “class 2014” and your entering year is August 2010, not 2009. We apologize, and will be re-submitting the first page of your acceptance letter for your records.

However, this should not stop you from submitting your acceptance forms to us by January 15th, 2010.

We hope you have a wonderful Holiday …

Diana Lugo

Admissions Coordinator

Members don't see this ad.

ahhh! it sounds like it! Call them if in doubt! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same email i guess we're in.. what what?

let us all hope that they did not make ANOTHER mistake and email this to EVERYONE hahahah

if you call them and tell them you received the email then they will tell you if you are in!!! so happy :)

congrats to you all!!!!!

ya'll think you'll end up going there? i've noticed that some of you have been accepted to Penn, UC's and other big names....choices choices :)

Dr. Pepp. you have been everrryyyywhere, how do you compare Columbia? one of your top choices?

For those of you that were accepted...
Did you all have a lot of leadership roles in clubs, organizations, etc? CU is one of my top choices, if not the top and I feel that leadership positions is what I truly lack on my app. =\

Congrats everyone!!! Where are you all located? Have you received the snail mail letter yet?

i got Columbia acceptance too. But probably decline due to their lack of clinical exposure.
Anyhow, it is a really good school.
Good luck people

Members don't see this ad :)
I didnt get the email :( and I interviewed in October

:(( I didn't get that email... so I am almost crying right now

has anyone actually received the snail mail?

i got an email and snail mail today

The snail mail went to my permanent address.. dunno why :confused:

Anyone mind sharing their leadership experiences as an undergrad?
Columbia is one of the top choices and I'm wondering if leadership plays a big role in admissions!

Thanks!

Anyone mind sharing their leadership experiences as an undergrad?
Columbia is one of the top choices and I'm wondering if leadership plays a big role in admissions!

Thanks!

hmm, i dont know how important it is, but my particular interviewer did ask me what type of activies i was involved with in college. so i told him that i managed finances for a student group and led a very successful fundraising campaign. it is a definitely a question that comes up at most interviews. maybe you can start a yes/no poll and find out from ppl that got accepted whether or not they had leadership experience. i would imagine most people do.

Does anyone know how much is the deposite ?

Got the email. So freakin stoked/relieved. After Pitt and UCSF didnt accept me on Dec 1, I was down to Columbia as my last resort! I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders today. Man thats a great feeling!!!:D :laugh: :thumbup: (most smiles I've used in a post to date)

Got the email. So freakin stoked/relieved. After Pitt and UCSF didnt accept me on Dec 1, I was down to Columbia as my last resort! I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders today. Man thats a great feeling!!!:D :laugh: :thumbup: (most smiles I've used in a post to date)

Good job, congratulations.

hey did you guys all get your letters after an aadsas update or something? I havent gotten an email, update or a letter so im starting to lose hope. I live in virginia and the least columbia can do for me is tell me my current status