Columbia Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Johnsol197

Full Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Figured I would make a page for those who have been accepted to Columbia for the 2016-2017 application. I was accepted, but I'm still torn between a few schools!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I'm planning on attending Columbia next year! I interviewed at GW and Drexel (got an acceptance at GW) as well. The visit at Columbia completely blew me away. Knew it was the school I wanted to attend halfway through the day. What schools are you deciding between?
 
Figured I would make a page for those who have been accepted to Columbia for the 2016-2017 application. I was accepted, but I'm still torn between a few schools!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey! Congrats on getting accepted!

If you don't mind, can you share your stats for when you applied to Colombia?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone. Congratulations to all on their acceptance. I just got an interview invite to Columbia and I was hoping if someone can tell me what to expect interview-wise, like what type of interview is it and maybe what type of questions should I expect? Any help at all would very much be appreciated. Thank you!
 
Hi BerriK. Interviews at Columbia last all day. They include a tour, information sessions, a chance to speak with current students, and a one-on-one interview with a professor. They try to match you up with a professor who has something in common with you. The professor will have read your application and essay, and will use those as jumping off points to have a discussion. Be prepared to answer the usual questions: why do you want to be a PT, why do you want to go to Columbia, why do you want to live in NYC? etc
 
Hi BerriK. Interviews at Columbia last all day. They include a tour, information sessions, a chance to speak with current students, and a one-on-one interview with a professor. They try to match you up with a professor who has something in common with you. The professor will have read your application and essay, and will use those as jumping off points to have a discussion. Be prepared to answer the usual questions: why do you want to be a PT, why do you want to go to Columbia, why do you want to live in NYC? etc
Thank you so much! 🙂 🙂
 
Hi Everyone, I applied for the Columbia DPT program in late August. When would I know if I got an interview or was rejected? Thank you for your help, the program is my top choice!