Columbia Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaliKid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to Columbia, but I have a unique situation in that I only have to take Bio, Physics & O Chem. So I want to complete the program in 1 year (3 classes per semester). Has anyone taken the courses at Columbia and can give me an idea of how hard it would be to complete 3 classes per semester (the advisors only want 2 classes per semester). Also, comments on the program are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

CaliKid said:
I was accepted to Columbia, but I have a unique situation in that I only have to take Bio, Physics & O Chem. So I want to complete the program in 1 year (3 classes per semester). Has anyone taken the courses at Columbia and can give me an idea of how hard it would be to complete 3 classes per semester (the advisors only want 2 classes per semester). Also, comments on the program are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Hi Calikid--there is tons of information in the archives on this site on the Columbia program. Look through some of the old posts as they are very informative. I don't know why your advisors would recommend you NOT taking all three classes--after all, the point of a post-bac is to prove that you can handle a big load of science classes and succeed in them. Are you working on the side or something? Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. Not I wouldn't be working, just going to school, but now actually my job has offered me a nice bonus to put my plans on hold for one year. I'm considering UCLA Extention night courses to stay work and get the bonus. Might be the best solution. Thanks again.