Columbia AEGD vs Buffalo IDP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Idp2023

Reaction score
I am a fresh graduate. I applied to a lot programs this year on CAAPID and PASS. I got accepted into BUFFALO DDS and Columbia AEGD.
I am willing to do Columbia AEGD for 2 years ( opening more states later on)

which one should I pick and why?.thanks for your help

Members don't see this ad.

What exactly do you mean by opening more states later on? As in from work experience?

I think these two programs aren't comparable because it simply depends what you want out of it. After Buffalo you can practice dentistry anywhere after AEGD you'll be able to practice in a few states. That should sum up your decision. Personally if you got into both I'd opt for DDS life is unpredictable and this way you'll never be in a situation where you cannot practice dentistry. A lot of people don't get into DDS but if you have the opportunity why not.

Reactions: 1 user
I would select DDS - more job security, learning. Money you'll make easily after graduation. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What exactly do you mean by opening more states later on? As in from work experience?

I think these two programs aren't comparable because it simply depends what you want out of it. After Buffalo you can practice dentistry anywhere after AEGD you'll be able to practice in a few states. That should sum up your decision. Personally if you got into both I'd opt for DDS life is unpredictable and this way you'll never be in a situation where you cannot practice dentistry. A lot of people don't get into DDS but if you have the opportunity why not.
Yes exactly I meant more states. With one year AEGD I can practice in only Virginia while with 2 years I’m eligible for 8 states

I am a fresh graduate. I applied to a lot programs this year on CAAPID and PASS. I got accepted into BUFFALO DDS and Columbia AEGD.
I am willing to do Columbia AEGD for 2 years ( opening more states later on)

which one should I pick and why?.thanks for your help
If you are simply looking to be a dentist and are willing to work in a small city then go with the AEGD. It is a faster route and less issues financially from what it sounds (assuming you get paid at the AEGD). Otherwise, if you want to keep your options open to specialize or get a job in a major city, you may have a harder time without the US DDS.