medstylee

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
www.mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hey all - For those of you who replied to Columbia saying you would like to remain on the alternate list, how long after you sent your reply did you receive a confirmation from admissions? I sent mine over 2 weeks ago and I haven't received anything yet. I hope it didn't get lost in the mail or something.

thanks

absolutezero

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2003
Status (Visible)
My acknowledgment came in about three days (I live in NYC). I followed up a few days later with a letter and recieved another fairly prompt response as well. It probably wouldn't hurt to give a call. You never know-maybe they'll put Dean Frantz on the phone with you.

About the Ads

rCubed

taiko master
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2002
NY
Status (Visible)
i got mine more than two weeks later so maybe they're just late sending the letters out to some ppl? or maybe i just suck and they don't really care about me

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
Status (Visible)
I haven't received any alternate list confirmation either. Also, I sent in a separate letter requesting for a second interview with Dr. Frantz, but no reply either.

I really hate calling the admission office about things like these.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.