Columbia and the Alternate List

Started by Chimera
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Chimera

Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well does anyone know the chances of getting off this "highly ranked alternate" list?

Maybe #'s...anything I would give my first born to attend P&S. (Well maybe not the first, but I'd consider the second.
smile.gif
)

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
 
Hi!
I got this off the forums from the P&S website. You can call Dean Frantz too...
Remember that this year their process was different, in that they only had one round of acceptances.
good luck!!
***************************************
So I called the office and the news is pretty grim. They do not rank until about June. They accept 225 (well over their class-size) in the first round. They put about 175 on the wait-list. They want you to send a letter of interest if you still have them as your first choice. Unfortunately, last year they let 2 (two) people off the wait-list. A few years back, when the neighborhood had a bad reputation, the let in a whopping 15 off the wait-list. So we have about a 1 to 9% of going to Columbia next year. Frantz's office number is (212) 305-3595.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Christiangirl
Not as much as before, but I just can't wean myself off of checking these things...
I'm very lucky to have the opportunity for UCSF, and I'm 99.9999% sure of taking it. The other 0.0001% is reserved for freak acts of nature/chance

smile.gif

I just have way too much time on my hands, and I've gotten myself into this habit of checking these things....

 
I definitely met more than 2 people who got off waitlist when I interviewed last September. I haven't had a chance to talk to Dr. Frantz yet, but i'll do so soon (I posted the original question on Columbia's website discussion). Did anyone else get a chance to talk to him?