Columbia and the Alternate List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chimera

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well does anyone know the chances of getting off this "highly ranked alternate" list?

Maybe #'s...anything I would give my first born to attend P&S. (Well maybe not the first, but I'd consider the second.
smile.gif
)

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
I got this off the forums from the P&S website. You can call Dean Frantz too...
Remember that this year their process was different, in that they only had one round of acceptances.
good luck!!
So I called the office and the news is pretty grim. They do not rank until about June. They accept 225 (well over their class-size) in the first round. They put about 175 on the wait-list. They want you to send a letter of interest if you still have them as your first choice. Unfortunately, last year they let 2 (two) people off the wait-list. A few years back, when the neighborhood had a bad reputation, the let in a whopping 15 off the wait-list. So we have about a 1 to 9% of going to Columbia next year. Frantz's office number is (212) 305-3595.

Caffeinegirl -
Are you still being tempted by NYC?
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Christiangirl
Not as much as before, but I just can't wean myself off of checking these things...
I'm very lucky to have the opportunity for UCSF, and I'm 99.9999% sure of taking it. The other 0.0001% is reserved for freak acts of nature/chance

smile.gif

I just have way too much time on my hands, and I've gotten myself into this habit of checking these things....

I definitely met more than 2 people who got off waitlist when I interviewed last September. I haven't had a chance to talk to Dr. Frantz yet, but i'll do so soon (I posted the original question on Columbia's website discussion). Did anyone else get a chance to talk to him?