You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Columbia DPT Class 2019
Started by futuredpt.29
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Me too!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me three! 🙂
Did any of you receive confirmation when your deposit was received?
Did any of you receive confirmation when your deposit was received?
I am too, so excited to meet you guys!
I'll probably start looking for an apartment in the Washington Heights area in the summer.
Hey guys, I just heard that I was put on the "alternate list." Do any of you guys have any insight on what I can expect. Be as brutal as you need too. You won't hurt my feelings lol.
Did yours have an acceptance percentage in the email??
Yea it said 50%. Did the same thing happen to you?Did yours have an acceptance percentage in the email??
Yea it said 50%. Did the same thing happen to you?
Yeah, mine said 75%. I wasn't sure if it was just a made up number though. Also I'm confused how they even come up with that number if they don't have any sort of a ranking system
It looks like its a tier system I guess. Or they could just be lying. I guess we'll just have to wait.Yeah, mine said 75%. I wasn't sure if it was just a made up number though. Also I'm confused how they even come up with that number if they don't have any sort of a ranking system
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I'll be in the DPT 2019 class as well! I was thinking that for my first year to live in on campus housing, but I'm not sure yet. Is anyone else planning to live on campus?
How do you guys feel about Columbia's yearly increase in class size, without any additional facilities or resources? I can only imagine fitting everyone in a classroom be akin to a sardine can. It was hard with 50-something, but 83?!! There won't be enough chairs for 1/4 of that class in most lecture rooms. The program with its number of full-time faculty is designed for class sizes in the 40's. Any thoughts?
I've actually emailed them several times and called both the program director and admissions coordinator, but no response. I haven't heard back from them ever since I had sent out my deposit. What's the last thing you received from them?Have they sent out the official class list yet?
Last heard from them saying they received my deposit back in December. I thought they said they send out a confirmed class list in March but idk...I've actually emailed them several times and called both the program director and admissions coordinator, but no response. I haven't heard back from them ever since I had sent out my deposit. What's the last thing you received from them?
Last heard from them saying they received my deposit back in December. I thought they said they send out a confirmed class list in March but idk...
"Once the class is finalized, usually by the beginning of March, you will receive a complete class list with names, institutions attended, home towns and Email addresses. If applicable, this is good way to begin to network for either on-campus or off-campus roommates."
-As stated in the acceptance letter.
I know 2 female current 1st year PT students who are looking for a third roommate (female preferred) to move in their apartment August. Their place is super close to campus. If anyone is interested, private message me and I can give you more details and introduce you.
This is perfect for anyone who's moving from out of state. The apartment is all ready for move in so you can skip brokers and apartment hunting and all the stress.
This is perfect for anyone who's moving from out of state. The apartment is all ready for move in so you can skip brokers and apartment hunting and all the stress.
I was accepted back in January and likewise haven't heard anything since my deposit was due. The general Columbia Medical School housing website says students can start applying for housing on April 15th, but it is definitely frustrating that we haven't heard anything back yet. I have a deposit down at another school and may decide to go that route if I don't hear from Columbia soon. I was really excited and impressed with the program, but not impressed with the follow through.
So I was able to chat with a current 1st year student who I met on interview day and she created a Facebook group for us. It's titled Columbia DPT c/o 2019. For those of you who are looking to connect, join! She also said they received emailed program information around April 21 last year.
I was accepted back in January and likewise haven't heard anything since my deposit was due. The general Columbia Medical School housing website says students can start applying for housing on April 15th, but it is definitely frustrating that we haven't heard anything back yet. I have a deposit down at another school and may decide to go that route if I don't hear from Columbia soon. I was really excited and impressed with the program, but not impressed with the follow through.
I was accepted back in January and likewise haven't heard anything since my deposit was due. The general Columbia Medical School housing website says students can start applying for housing on April 15th, but it is definitely frustrating that we haven't heard anything back yet. I have a deposit down at another school and may decide to go that route if I don't hear from Columbia soon. I was really excited and impressed with the program, but not impressed with the follow through.
I was also very impressed with the program, but when I called the Program Director several weeks ago and asked her when we should receive information, she replied, "well, it's definitely past the beginning of March already, so you'll be hearing back either in May, June, July, or August"
Aside from that, do you think it would be possible to post a link to the facebook group because I cannot seem to find it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Class size is 72Just curious.
How big is the student body for class of 2019?
hey did you have any other classmates get accepted around this time? It is getting late this year and I am getting anxiousHEY GUYS! I JUST FOUND OUT I GOT ACCEPTED!!!! I'M SO EXCITED TO MEET THE CLASS OF 2019!