Columbia DPT Fall 2021-Please Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefuldpt2020

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I applied to the Columbia DPT program for the 2021 Fall term and submitted my application in September. I emailed the advisor and asked when I could expect to hear back from admissions and she told me December. Has anyone received an interview this late?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! I applied to the Columbia DPT program for the 2021 Fall term and submitted my application in September. I emailed the advisor and asked when I could expect to hear back from admissions and she told me December. Has anyone received an interview this late?
They do interviews through January. Nothing to stress about

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I submitted end of August, interviewed at the beginning of October, and was accepted 2 weeks after that. They said at the interview that they are hoping to have the class finalized by 12/15!

Hello! I submitted end of August, interviewed at the beginning of October, and was accepted 2 weeks after that. They said at the interview that they are hoping to have the class finalized by 12/15!
Congrats! I have my interview coming up 11/30 and was wondering if you had any advice for the process? Crazy they'll be finalizing so soon!

Submitted app on 10/16. Interviewed on 11/24. Received "Alternative Waitlist 2024" today, 11/30. Anyone know what % gets off waitlist and when? The interview was casual but everyone advised me to dress-up with jacket and tie, which I did.

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted app on 10/16. Interviewed on 11/24. Received "Alternative Waitlist 2024" today, 11/30. Anyone know what % gets off waitlist and when? The interview was casual but everyone advised me to dress-up with jacket and tie, which I did.
I also interviewed on 11/24 but have not heard anything...did you receive an email?

I interviewed back in early October but due to circumstances had to attend the info session that was 11/30. Still haven't heard back. Should I reach out to the program director or admissions office? Don't want to be pushy but I'm becoming exceedingly anxious!

TIA :) good luck everyone!

Hi everyone, was wondering whether the necessary certifications for the application (CPR & First Aid) require 2 separate certifications? Would CPR-BLS suffice?

Hi everyone, was wondering whether the necessary certifications for the application (CPR & First Aid) require 2 separate certifications? Would CPR-BLS suffice?
I submitted an American Heart Association First Aide CPR Certification which was just one certification.

I am wondering this too, and would really appreciate any insight. Thank you!

I submitted an American Heart Association First Aide CPR Certification which was just one certification.
Interesting, it seems like you need two separate certifications, First Aid + CPR but I suppose if it's combined it'll be alright?

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist yet? does anyone have any insight into the waitlist-- how many are on it? When they might start updating status? thx

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten off the waitlist yet? does anyone have any insight into the waitlist-- how many are on it? When they might start updating status? thx
Hello! I was interviewed 11/27 and heard back 12/2 but they gave me until January 4th to commit/make a decision. It could be taking a while because they’re waiting for the group to make decisions and will go from there? Just a hunch.

I’m pulling off the waitlist because I got into my top school this morning so hopefully it bumps y’all up!!

Has anyone committed to Columbia c/o 2024? Would love to connect with potential future classmates!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone on the waitlist heard back yet?
Nope. I’m anxiously waiting for a response from them. I did notice that their fb group for class of 2024 has 63 members already. Idk if that means they have already accepted. Do you know where you are on the waitlist?

Nope. I’m anxiously waiting for a response from them. I did notice that their fb group for class of 2024 has 63 members already. Idk if that means they have already accepted. Do you know where you are on the waitlist?
Me too, and I also noticed that lol! I’m not sure exactly where, I checked in with them recently and they told me I’m somewhere in the middle. What about you/do you know how big the waitlist is?

Me too, and I also noticed that lol! I’m not sure exactly where, I checked in with them recently and they told me I’m somewhere in the middle. What about you/do you know how big the waitlist is?
I’m also around the middle. Susan only said that it was a very long list. Considering how many people received interview invites, I would say maybe at least half of them would be waitlisted. Maybe 150 or so? I wish there was an actually number to reference to but oh wells. Ive accepted to one school but I’m going to continue to wait on Columbia.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m also around the middle. Susan only said that it was a very long list. Considering how many people received interview invites, I would say maybe at least half of them would be waitlisted. Maybe 150 or so? I wish there was an actually number to reference to but oh wells. Ive accepted to one school but I’m going to continue to wait on Columbia.
I'm also on the waitlist but confused because there were only 88 on the zoom on my interview day,, were there other interview days?

I'm also on the waitlist but confused because there were only 88 on the zoom on my interview day,, were there other interview days?
Yeah there were 3 or 4 interview sessions I think. Mine had about 60ish people.

I just received word that the class is full, and they'll go back to the waitlist if there are some last-minute dropouts. :(

Hello! I doubt anyone is still checking the thread, but I am interviewing with Columbia and I was wondering if you guys would be able to share what the interview experience was like and what kinds of questions were asked?

When I interviewed (2012), it was a one-on-one conversation with a professor. They tried to pair you with someone with whom you had something in common. They had your application and resume in front of them and had read it. Mostly basic questions. "Why do you want to go here?" "Why do you want to be a PT?" etc. The interview is mostly making sure there's no red flags. If you don't mess up, you should get in.

I assume it hasn't changed so much since then, so good luck!

• Love