Columbia for International students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnny783

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know that there is a lot of information about Columbia on the network, but I have a few questions I was hoping someone might be able to answer. I will have my BA by May 2007 in Political science, and I am thinking of applying to the post bac program at Columbia. Here are my baisic stats GPA 3.2, will be graduating from McGill, and highly involved in extracurriculars. Does anyone know how hard it is to get accepted to Columbia before you are done your BA? I will have in by the time I begin the program, but not before I intend to apply. Secondly what about being from Canada?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i can answer your canadian question- if you are accepted into columbia's post bac, they will issue you an I20 provided you can show financial ability to pay, etc. much like any American university. when you enter the country you show your I20 to the immigration officer along with a Sevis fee receipt, and they give you an F1 visa. I went to college in the U.S. but I'm canadian too! and will start columbia this spring/ in a week:)