Columbia Interview Date!?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrZ123

DAT: AA/TS/PAT 21/22/21
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just called Columbia to set up my interview. I recieved the invite wednesday (10/18) and it is dated 10/10.

The earliest interview date they had was January 26th!

Does such a late interview date kill my chances of getting in?

Members don't see this ad.

Ouch. I guess I'll pretty much scratch them off my list. I want to make my decision in the first week of December given the chance.

CU seems to give preference to those students who scored above their average. There are a couple of 21's who just managed to get an interview, and there are LOTS more trying to get it. A late interview itself won't matter. It's the quality of your overall application.

Last year, a guy from Cornell interviewed in March. He still got in everywhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
for the last cycle, my interview was on 1/27 and I received my acceptance around mid-february. As long as you have solid stats (22+ DAT and a reasonable GPA) and a good interview, you shouldn't have any problem getting in.

Does such a late interview date kill my chances of getting in?

My interview is in the end of Dec. but when I asked about it hurting my chances they said they had less interviews before Dec 1st this year and it shouldn't hurt at all.

Good luck to everyone who interviewed!