Columbia interview

Started by PTPTPT333
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you have any advice for the Columbia interview, I am super stressed I have it this Friday and Columbia is my top choice...
 
Yes! I was accepted on the Monday after as well. Super fast.
AYEEEE @Pt4Amputees whats up!!! Yay congrats! Good to see ya on the network lol, I was the guy from Cali haha

@DPThopeful21
Here’s my own personal insight from interview day. The faculty go the extra mile to make sure you feel relaxed throughout the day and leave with a holistic understanding of their program. So just be present and soak up all the info! The interview, at least mine, was very conversational, so I would recommend to treat it as such. They are just trying to put a face to your paper application, so let your personality shine! Another pro tip: you get a piece of paper in the beginning that tells you which faculty member will be interviewing you later in the day. You might find doing a little interweb search about them helpful when coming up with questions to ask during the actual interview. Hope this helps!
 
AYEEEE @Pt4Amputees whats up!!! Yay congrats! Good to see ya on the network lol, I was the guy from Cali haha

@DPThopeful21
Here’s my own personal insight from interview day. The faculty go the extra mile to make sure you feel relaxed throughout the day and leave with a holistic understanding of their program. So just be present and soak up all the info! The interview, at least mine, was very conversational, so I would recommend to treat it as such. They are just trying to put a face to your paper application, so let your personality shine! Another pro tip: you get a piece of paper in the beginning that tells you which faculty member will be interviewing you later in the day. You might find doing a little interweb search about them helpful when coming up with questions to ask during the actual interview. Hope this helps!

WHAT UP!!! I can't believe we found each other on here. This is a dream come true! Please tell me you're going to Columbia!
 
Do you have any advice for the Columbia interview, I am super stressed I have it this Friday and Columbia is my top choice...

It's a SUPER chill day! The faculty are funny and personable. I was nervous because Columbia was my top choice too, but as soon as I got there, I felt fine. Just be yourself! Good luck!