columbia interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qaztake82

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
those of you who have a columbia interview pm me regarding when yours is cause i am goin to set my date tomorrow and i would love to see some sdn faces there. also just fyi 256 people were interviewed last year and 75 accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

75 are going to the school
there's more acceptance than 75, probably around 200
cuz some will decide to go elsewhere after visiting the skool

oh good, there's coffee and snacks in the morning before the interview. we will head down there to grab some breakfast.
yes we're very poor here and the skool don't feed us.

mine is on sept 17, but that is next week :)

Members don't see this ad :)
i just mad mine for oct 8th today so if anyone else has the same day let me know we can meet up there.

Mine is oct 22nd and ill prolly be there for a few days before or after depending on what other interviews I get.

ill see u sept 17th onetoothleft. man am i scared. first interview. got to break the ice sooner or later.

i wouldn't worry guys. my 2 best friends go to columbia. both their interviews consisted of 2-3 standard type questions followed by around 25-35 minutes of friendly banter. they don't make a habit of grilling you there like they grill over here in canada.

I will see you guys tomorrow!!!!!

pbure said:
i wouldn't worry guys. my 2 best friends go to columbia. both their interviews consisted of 2-3 standard type questions followed by around 25-35 minutes of friendly banter. they don't make a habit of grilling you there like they grill over here in canada.

They definitely don't grill you. I had mine yesterday and I almost thought it was a complete waste of time (literally). The interviewer did about half the talking and very few questions were asked. And mine was more like 15-20 minutes (half of the interviewees finished before me and the other half finished at the same time and two took about an hour... we started the financial aid talk without one of them). Good luck!

"The School of Dental and Oral Surgery received 1360 applications for the DDS program in 2003-2004. Nearly one in five AADSAS applications filed nationally was sent to Columbia. Of that number approximately two hundred fifty-six were interviewed and 75 were enrolled"
which means they probably accepted around 150 or so.

I am going up there on Oct 29th.
anyone?
glad that WE have high possibility to get accepted~ yeah