Columbia Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhotoMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is already common knowledge, but this week is the last week of interviewing at Columbia P&S. There were well over a thousand interviews this year. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry if this is already common knowledge, but this week is the last week of interviewing at Columbia P&S. There were well over a thousand interviews this year. Good luck everyone!

over a thousand? for aprox how many acceptances?

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably 200 or so. Only speculating though, and 1000 was a rough figure.

eek, i guess my chances are worse than i thought.

last year it was 307/1247

I guess no interview for me. I've been complete since July.

I don't know where the OP received his information. But when I called the admissions office, they said they were running late and that they will be interviewing into April this year.

they said they were running late and that they will be interviewing into April this year.

That can't be right. Don't they mail out all their decisions March 2? Besides the OP is a student there so he/she seems to be a good source of info

i'm just recounting what the admissions office told me.

i'm just recounting what the admissions office told me.

That runs counter not only to what they've told me, but what current students have informed me of as well.

Somebody gave you some misinformation. It would be ridiculous for a non-rolling school to interview that late.

Members don't see this ad :)
when I interviewed there last week they said next week (i.e. this week) was the end of interviews ... I know that Dean Frantz interviews waitlisted people well into April to help decide who should get off of the waitlist ... perhaps that's what the admissions people were referring too ... good luck everyone!

last year it was 307/1247

thats not bad odds at all especially for a sweet school with the ultimate location.

I think most schools have around a 20-30% raw acceptance rate from interview pool (before waitlist)

do you guys think that the letters will start arriving by next week's END, or next NEXT wk?? (AH! i can't WAIT any longer!)

thats not bad odds at all especially for a sweet school with the ultimate location.

I think most schools have around a 20-30% raw acceptance rate from interview pool (before waitlist)

I'm pretty sure the acceptance stats schools list are the total number of spots offered / total interviews or applicants. Whether you get in off the waitlist or through a direct acceptance doesn't matter to them - only to you.

I'm pretty sure the acceptance stats schools list are the total number of spots offered / total interviews or applicants. Whether you get in off the waitlist or through a direct acceptance doesn't matter to them - only to you.

hmm... good point. i always assumed waitlisted-get-ins wouldnt be included.... im not sure if they are.

do you guys think that the letters will start arriving by next week's END, or next NEXT wk?? (AH! i can't WAIT any longer!)

i assumed they would be mailing them march 2nd... not expecting them to arrive march 2nd at applicants' homes

Just to follow up, I stopped by the admissions office five minutes ago. There were 5,275 applications this year for about 1,200 interviews. The last day of interviewing is tomorrow. Good luck!

Just to follow up, I stopped by the admissions office five minutes ago. There were 5,275 applications this year for about 1,200 interviews. The last day of interviewing is tomorrow. Good luck!

damn...no interview for me...oh wait i forgot to apply there...damn