• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

Columbia Interviews

About the Ads

Rocky6

10+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I don't know where the OP received his information. But when I called the admissions office, they said they were running late and that they will be interviewing into April this year.

About the Ads

PhotoMD

15+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2004
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
i'm just recounting what the admissions office told me.

I'm recounting what the admissions office told me about a week ago when I walked in and talked to them. It's possible they dramatically changed their schedule. I'll see if I can get new information on Tues. when I am back up there.

jules922

10+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
when I interviewed there last week they said next week (i.e. this week) was the end of interviews ... I know that Dean Frantz interviews waitlisted people well into April to help decide who should get off of the waitlist ... perhaps that's what the admissions people were referring too ... good luck everyone!

johnnydrama

I'm no Superman
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
thats not bad odds at all especially for a sweet school with the ultimate location.

I think most schools have around a 20-30% raw acceptance rate from interview pool (before waitlist)

I'm pretty sure the acceptance stats schools list are the total number of spots offered / total interviews or applicants. Whether you get in off the waitlist or through a direct acceptance doesn't matter to them - only to you.

Stolenspatulas

10+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm pretty sure the acceptance stats schools list are the total number of spots offered / total interviews or applicants. Whether you get in off the waitlist or through a direct acceptance doesn't matter to them - only to you.

hmm... good point. i always assumed waitlisted-get-ins wouldnt be included.... im not sure if they are.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.