Columbia interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sandisk115

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my Columbia secondary in mid/late August, but haven't heard from the school yet interviews or rejection. How long does it usually take for them to get back to students?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by sandisk115
I submitted my Columbia secondary in mid/late August, but haven't heard from the school yet interviews or rejection. How long does it usually take for them to get back to students?

Is everything verified complete there i.e. transcript, photo, MCAT scores. There's alot of piecemeal stuff to send to them, so even though I submitted my secondary early August, I wasn't complete till early September, and just heard today about an interview. Anyway I think they probably send out pre-interview rejections in Jan/Feb, and post-interview accept/reject/waitlist etc end of february (just a guess...). They are non-rolling so I think that means it doesn't really matter when you interview.

yeah, make sure ur application is complete. i thought my file was complete early august, but apparently my photo got lost, so file ended up being complete in early september and i just got the invite today.
but then i also know peoples who got interviews last week and their application was complete mid august, so its seemingly in no order

and they're not rolling so wouldn't worry too much about it just yet

Members don't see this ad :)
my columbia app was complete on sept 4, but still no word from them. =I anyone else stuck in the same situation as me?? i'm wondering if they've already stuck my app in the reject pile ..

hey rCubed,
how did columbia let you know your file wasn't complete? i submitted my application over a month ago and haven't heard anything from them either way. they also won't tell me anything by phone...
thanks! :)

Originally posted by trudgingalong
hey rCubed,
how did columbia let you know your file wasn't complete? i submitted my application over a month ago and haven't heard anything from them either way. they also won't tell me anything by phone...
thanks! :)

they emailed me to let me know. it took them a while (almost a month) but at least they alerted me about it

Yeah my photo and MCAT scores were lost....

Once received things rolled along nicely.

thanks for the replies :) guess i'll just wait for their email.

for columbia, email confirming receipt of secondary app is different from an email saying your file is complete, right??

what do you guys mean when you say columbia secondary? I thot there was only one online application. Is there a primary app? Also how is it possible for them to lose your mcats scores?

anyone?

Proph...

Originally posted by phatty925
for columbia, email confirming receipt of secondary app is different from an email saying your file is complete, right??

are u talking about the confirmation email u get when u submit ur application online? that's different from the one the admissions office sends u saying ur whole application is complete

Originally posted by Prophecy
what do you guys mean when you say columbia secondary? I thot there was only one online application. Is there a primary app? Also how is it possible for them to lose your mcats scores?

anyone?

Proph...

there's only one online application...that's the one on the website. frankly, it's pretty amazing that they "lost" mcat scores! wonder how that happened??

Originally posted by Lux Aeterna
Is everything verified complete there i.e. transcript, photo, MCAT scores. There's alot of piecemeal stuff to send to them, so even though I submitted my secondary early August, I wasn't complete till early September, and just heard today about an interview. Anyway I think they probably send out pre-interview rejections in Jan/Feb, and post-interview accept/reject/waitlist etc end of february (just a guess...). They are non-rolling so I think that means it doesn't really matter when you interview.

Hi there,

I don't remember a request for a photo from Columbia. Where was it listed? Is a photo mandatory? Bah.

Thanks.

Originally posted by sandisk115

Well, I heard it varies, but i also heard that they interview A LOT of people. I haven't heard back from them either (other than the confirmation email that my file was complete), but last year, they offered interviews to almost half of the applicants (1164/2388)... only to accept 290 of them... :mad:

Yep a photo is definitely necessary, they wouldn't look at my app till I sent one in even though my app was complete 1 month prior. It says at the end of the online app when you submit to just mail them one, it's easy to forget about it--as I did, and a lady from the office emailed me saying I needed to send the photo.

Okay, I'll send one now.

Thanks!