Columbia MSTP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tedrik

mifune
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In case anyone has been waiting for this, I was just told that letters were mailed out today.

I kind of messed up on some of my interviews there so I don't have too much hope, but good luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad.

argh...now I am nervous. I am sure you did fine in your interviews. How did you get the scoop?

Yeah, I'm nervous too. Tedrik, it seems like we always get into the same schools, so I'm sure you'll do well (for my sake, as well :cool: ). Though I don't know about one of my interviews there too, my interviewer (the director) hadn't slept for 48 hours :(.

Anyway, looking forward to getting that envelope. The anxiety is killing me.

Members don't see this ad :)
You guys are going to do fine! I work for Dr. Shelanski, the director of the program, and he's a really nice guy. Good luck on waiting for those acceptance letters--i'm sure you all will get in :thumbup:

dave

Mike is nice. He looks slightly mean, but when I met him he was super nice. My boss collaborates with him sometimes and always said he is nice. Let's just hope he liked me :)

dave613 said:
You guys are going to do fine! I work for Dr. Shelanski, the director of the program, and he's a really nice guy. Good luck on waiting for those acceptance letters--i'm sure you all will get in :thumbup:

dave

Yeah, he was really nice, albeit a little tired when I met him. My interview was a little short, but thats understandable. So its hard to say what kind of impression I left on him.

jjmack said:
Mike is nice. He looks slightly mean, but when I met him he was super nice. My boss collaborates with him sometimes and always said he is nice. Let's just hope he liked me :)

I'm just curious jjmack, who's your boss?

The project I am responsible for has me involved with many other PIs in the pathology dept, and the taub institute.

I can't give you his name it's top secret, but he is a psychiatric geneticist. I actually have no idea what they may be working on together. I just know they have to go to meetings together sometimes. I am guess it has to do with the Taub institute and the AD project we work on here. (Well I don't, but others do.)

dave613 said:
I'm just curious jjmack, who's your boss?

The project I am responsible for has me involved with many other PIs in the pathology dept, and the taub institute.

I didn't realize there were several people waiting to hear from Columbia because it hasn't been brought up that often on this forum. Leverp, I was totally hoping that you get in so that I can get in too...gotta love correlations!

The reason why I knew the letters were mailed yesterday was because I called Stacy Warren to ask about my app status. She didn't seem like she wanted to tell me my own status over the phone, but you guys should feel free to call and ask her if you want. I'll just be waiting by the mailbox.

good luck to everyone! I hope to see your names on the acceptance thread :)

did anyone hear today? no word in my camp in nyc...

Nope, nothing in Michigan either. Though I figure it'll take longer for me :oops:. Hopefully, I'll get it by the weekend.

Man now I wish i hadn't logged onto SDN... It's freaking me out too...

Good luck ya'll...Wish you all the best... We'll see when the first responses get around.

yeah, good luck to everyone waiting...I am trying to convience myself that taking more than a day means I'm getting a bigger package, but I think don't want to get myself too excited just to be let down. waiting sucks.

upraorhz and I are out on the west so it's doubtful that we will hear anything today, but you guys in NY might get something this afternoon!! Good luck to everyone on getting the big package!

Good luck guys!!!!

I hope to see you guys by revisit :)

maybe mine got lost in the mail. Still no word from columbia for me :(

jjmack said:
maybe mine got lost in the mail. Still no word from columbia for me :(

gwang got her acceptance letter, and she's from oregon. I don't know what that means...hope this helps

maybe i am on hold or something....who the heck knows. I will stop by next week if i don't hear anything.

dave613 said:
gwang got her acceptance letter, and she's from oregon. I don't know what that means...hope this helps

Acceptances to Columbia MSTP 2005:

Gwang
Tedrik
Leverp2000

congrats guys!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Anyone else out there not hear anything yet? Am I the only one? Maybe my letter was really lost in the mail...of course I already can see it was a rejection. argh

jjmack said:
Anyone else out there not hear anything yet? Am I the only one? Maybe my letter was really lost in the mail...of course I already can see it was a rejection. argh

Stop worrying!!!!!!

Worst comes to worst, i'll talk to Dr. Shelanski for you

have a good day!