Columbia or NYU Post Bacc 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hurricanesum

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! I was accepted into a number of post-baccalaureate programs for Fall 2013 but am torn between Columbia and NYU. I have read very negative things about Columbia's Post Bacc program, but the posts are outdated and are from 4+ years ago.

From what I've read, Columbia has a very cut throat program with poor advising, while NYU seems to have a stronger program. Is this still the case?

If you're a student in either of the programs, please let me know how they are going or how they went for you.
 
Congrats on being accpeted! It's really important to realize that all post bacc programs are going to be somewhat cuthroat (at least from what I've heard/experienced). Many programs use the same/similar textbooks, and classes are often filled with freshman/sophs who took AP courses (using the same textbooks). Most postbaccs do not "hold your hand" (to the extent) that you expect them to (expecially considering cost). Personally, I suggest going to the program that you were more impressed by. Before coming on to these threads, which of these two programs were you more excited about?
 
I am also in the same boat (deciding between Columbia and NYU's postbaccs) and would love to hear more information about both of them from either current or former students. Any info, both positive and negative, would help.