SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Columbia or UNC ?

Discussion in 'Dental' started by runrabbitrun, May 3, 2007.

1. runrabbitrun

runrabbitrun 7+ Year Member

Seriously, I know this is a little late, but whats the verdict?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Speeddater

Speeddater 2+ Year Member

Dec 8, 2006
    I would say UNC, because its cheaper and you don't have the hardcore medical curriculum although Columbia is a great school. I personally would highly consider those factors in my decision. Anyway, good luck in your decision and pick the place that you will be more happy with.

4. troutfisher

troutfisher

Apr 24, 2007
    Given a choice between the two, I would pick UNC for the reasons mentioned above. Also, while Columbia may be better from an academic standpoint, there is little doubt in my mind that UNC is the better clinical school.

5. OceanBlue

OceanBlue HA! I knew it. 2+ Year Member

Feb 21, 2007
    South
    unc is cheaper and it's great here. I don't like the rest of North Carolina, but I love Chapel Hill, Cary, and Carrboro. I love the campus as an undergrad. I'm looking forward to spend another 4 yrs here! UNC basketball is crazy hot...i'm not sure I can watch every game when I'm in dental school, but I shall not miss the final match.

6. Denticized

Denticized 7+ Year Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Los Angeles
    wow this is a tough one. Chap Hill is amazing but Columbia is in NYC. Can't tell you much. I am glad I am not in your shoes because no matter I'd choose I would have been upset for the other one.