Columbia or UNC ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runrabbitrun

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seriously, I know this is a little late, but whats the verdict?

Members don't see this ad.

Seriously, I know this is a little late, but whats the verdict?

I would say UNC, because its cheaper and you don't have the hardcore medical curriculum although Columbia is a great school. I personally would highly consider those factors in my decision. Anyway, good luck in your decision and pick the place that you will be more happy with.

Given a choice between the two, I would pick UNC for the reasons mentioned above. Also, while Columbia may be better from an academic standpoint, there is little doubt in my mind that UNC is the better clinical school.

Members don't see this ad :)
unc is cheaper and it's great here. I don't like the rest of North Carolina, but I love Chapel Hill, Cary, and Carrboro. I love the campus as an undergrad. I'm looking forward to spend another 4 yrs here! UNC basketball is crazy hot...i'm not sure I can watch every game when I'm in dental school, but I shall not miss the final match.

wow this is a tough one. Chap Hill is amazing but Columbia is in NYC. Can't tell you much. I am glad I am not in your shoes because no matter I'd choose I would have been upset for the other one.