Columbia or USC for DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Erie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to USC and Columbia's DPT programs. I am from Chicago. I know that USC is rated higher, but I really liked Columbia. Both Cities are attractive but I can't decide if I want the nice weather or the excitement of NYC.
Any Thoughts?
Thanks.:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Save yourself from outrageous debt. Go to Columbia. Both programs are highly ranked, and the ranking system is bogus anyway. It's only based on the prestige of their research. Look at the specifics of each program(size of class, clinicals, teaching philosophy, etc) and find what is best for you.

If you like both. I say go cheaper. Both programs are going to make you a licensed PT, but they won't give you the same amount of debt.

I can only speak on Columbia, given the fact that I never applied to USC. I thought Columbia had extraordinary clinical affiliations, a well-rounded curriculum, and it was attached to a world class hospital. To be objective, the price is also relatively steep when comparing it with USC. You will more than likely be at 150-180k+ all told; if you are totally flipping the bill with student loans. That is a consideration(at least for me it is). In doing my program research, USC appears to be an unbelievable program as well.

Someone has a tough decision to make! Join the club! Whatever program you choose, best wishes moving forward.:thumbup: