Columbia Postbaccs to Columbia Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skiracer123

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How often does this happen? The list of acceptances on Columbia's website makes it look like about 10% go on to P & S from the postbacc program. Could this be right? Has anyone on the board done this? Is there a trick to it (besides good grades, mcats, work)? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

(a CU undergrad responding here)
While i dont know any post baccs who got in to columbia med (i only knew two anyway :) ) I wouldnt be surprised if a decent number of post baccs actually got into P&S. though as you mentioned you're still held to a very high standard with regards to grades, MCATs and LORs. incidentally, there is actually a box on the P&S application which asks if you went through the post bacc program - I would take that as a good sign :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I attended post-bacc at Columbia - 10% sounds very high - the first thing you should note about the list on the site is that it combines 2 years worth of data and represents where students who applied and were accepted matriculated - many students in the program who don't have certain MCATS etc. are often advised not to apply w/out improved stats. That being said, Columbia P&S does accept a number of students each year and their application has a box that you check if you attended post-bacc at columbia - many students i know were interviewed, and of those i know several that were accepted or waitlisted.

while many post bacs so go on to p&s ( i know of 4 who got in) i don't think it is as high as 10%.