Columbia rejection

ablumoon

=)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 28, 2003
    Okay guys, I have to complain. I emailed Columbia, along with the other schools in NYC, last week to ask for an interview since I will already be there for an NYU interview. I thought it may save me time. Of course nobody wanted to see me, and Mt. Sinai and Cornell wrote back within days. COlumbai just emailed me, and after their streams of "submitting secondary/please ignore this if you've submitted your secondary" emails, I was like, okay this is bogus. Actually... it wasn't. It was a short, sweet rejection. Via email.

Just have to say that for those of you really dying to get an interview from Columbia (thank goodness I wasn't), then you should email them now and get the answer. I think they had rejected me a while back and I was thrown in with the bad pile. I think it's good to know early on so I know where my chances stand, but there seemed to be so much hope only a week ago for this school, and even for some others. As of right now, I feel that my chances at most schools are shot. I've already gotten rejected from georgetown, GW (hold=rejection), UCSF, no secondary from UCLA, and now columbia too. thats like 5 rejections! in early November!! Goodness

Anyway, i also wanted to know if anyone knows if Colmubia is rolling or not. Isn't it a standard policy to mail out decisions all at once instead of on a first-come first-serve basis? I really thought Columbia was non-rolling.

Saluki

1K Member
    10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Nov 11, 2002
      ablumoon said:
      Okay guys, I have to complain. I emailed Columbia, along with the other schools in NYC, last week to ask for an interview since I will already be there for an NYU interview. I thought it may save me time. Of course nobody wanted to see me, and Mt. Sinai and Cornell wrote back within days. COlumbai just emailed me, and after their streams of "submitting secondary/please ignore this if you've submitted your secondary" emails, I was like, okay this is bogus. Actually... it wasn't. It was a short, sweet rejection. Via email.

Just have to say that for those of you really dying to get an interview from Columbia (thank goodness I wasn't), then you should email them now and get the answer. I think they had rejected me a while back and I was thrown in with the bad pile. I think it's good to know early on so I know where my chances stand, but there seemed to be so much hope only a week ago for this school, and even for some others. As of right now, I feel that my chances at most schools are shot. I've already gotten rejected from georgetown, GW (hold=rejection), UCSF, no secondary from UCLA, and now columbia too. thats like 5 rejections! in early November!! Goodness

Anyway, i also wanted to know if anyone knows if Colmubia is rolling or not. Isn't it a standard policy to mail out decisions all at once instead of on a first-come first-serve basis? I really thought Columbia was non-rolling.

I tried calling them because I never got a "complete" email (after submitting all my stuff a month and a half ago) and they wouldn't even tell me. They said "if and when" they looked at my application again, they'd email me. Harsh!

About the Ads

Kleintje

Why not?
      10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Aug 6, 2005
      Florida
        ablumoon said:

Has anything changed on your application page? Like, do you have any messages on your message box or anything?

SNR02

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Oct 3, 2004
          Oh no! I don't know what to do to find out what they think of my application....

I submitted secondary in august, complete sept.20th

Heard not a peeep

WHY DID YOU FORGET ABOUT ME COLUMBIA?!?!?!?!

theunderdog

Medical Student (Slave)
          10+ Year Member
          7+ Year Member
          Oct 29, 2005
            ablumoon said:

dont worry, i got 3 rejections already also... and i only have a 27 mcat... so trust me, i will fare a lot worse than you in this cycle. ask me in a couple of months. so cheer up.

im waiting for that columbia rejection also. im sure they look at my mcat and my app goes straigh to trash.

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.