Columbia rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ablumoon

=)
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay guys, I have to complain. I emailed Columbia, along with the other schools in NYC, last week to ask for an interview since I will already be there for an NYU interview. I thought it may save me time. Of course nobody wanted to see me, and Mt. Sinai and Cornell wrote back within days. COlumbai just emailed me, and after their streams of "submitting secondary/please ignore this if you've submitted your secondary" emails, I was like, okay this is bogus. Actually... it wasn't. It was a short, sweet rejection. Via email.

Just have to say that for those of you really dying to get an interview from Columbia (thank goodness I wasn't), then you should email them now and get the answer. I think they had rejected me a while back and I was thrown in with the bad pile. I think it's good to know early on so I know where my chances stand, but there seemed to be so much hope only a week ago for this school, and even for some others. As of right now, I feel that my chances at most schools are shot. I've already gotten rejected from georgetown, GW (hold=rejection), UCSF, no secondary from UCLA, and now columbia too. thats like 5 rejections! in early November!! Goodness

Anyway, i also wanted to know if anyone knows if Colmubia is rolling or not. Isn't it a standard policy to mail out decisions all at once instead of on a first-come first-serve basis? I really thought Columbia was non-rolling.

Members don't see this ad.

ablumoon said:
Okay guys, I have to complain. I emailed Columbia, along with the other schools in NYC, last week to ask for an interview since I will already be there for an NYU interview. I thought it may save me time. Of course nobody wanted to see me, and Mt. Sinai and Cornell wrote back within days. COlumbai just emailed me, and after their streams of "submitting secondary/please ignore this if you've submitted your secondary" emails, I was like, okay this is bogus. Actually... it wasn't. It was a short, sweet rejection. Via email.

Just have to say that for those of you really dying to get an interview from Columbia (thank goodness I wasn't), then you should email them now and get the answer. I think they had rejected me a while back and I was thrown in with the bad pile. I think it's good to know early on so I know where my chances stand, but there seemed to be so much hope only a week ago for this school, and even for some others. As of right now, I feel that my chances at most schools are shot. I've already gotten rejected from georgetown, GW (hold=rejection), UCSF, no secondary from UCLA, and now columbia too. thats like 5 rejections! in early November!! Goodness

Anyway, i also wanted to know if anyone knows if Colmubia is rolling or not. Isn't it a standard policy to mail out decisions all at once instead of on a first-come first-serve basis? I really thought Columbia was non-rolling.

I tried calling them because I never got a "complete" email (after submitting all my stuff a month and a half ago) and they wouldn't even tell me. They said "if and when" they looked at my application again, they'd email me. Harsh!

Members don't see this ad :)
ablumoon said:

Has anything changed on your application page? Like, do you have any messages on your message box or anything?

yeah i thought columbia was non-rolling and they didn't reject this early.
geesh.

bubbleyum said:
yeah i thought columbia was non-rolling and they didn't reject this early.
geesh.

Maybe they send rolling rejections, but do the acceptances and waitlists all at one time. Is that possible?

Oh no! I don't know what to do to find out what they think of my application....

I submitted secondary in august, complete sept.20th

Heard not a peeep

WHY DID YOU FORGET ABOUT ME COLUMBIA?!?!?!?!

ablumoon said:

dont worry, i got 3 rejections already also... and i only have a 27 mcat... so trust me, i will fare a lot worse than you in this cycle. ask me in a couple of months. so cheer up.

im waiting for that columbia rejection also. im sure they look at my mcat and my app goes straigh to trash.