• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

BSmittYatUMICH

10+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
So... I just interviewed at Columbia and wanted to know what kind of wait I should prepare myself for … how long did it take before you heard back from them???

pacbum

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
takes about 2 weeks from what i remember Dr McManus saying. feb 15th is the next deadline, so after this Thursdayu they'll be making more acceptances

About the Ads

tamkhan

Kala Budha
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2006
SDN
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
does anyone know how many spots are left at columbia?

Des

10+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
Not sure how many seats are available...i read from another thread that there's only 7 seats left but I really don't believe that.

So even though Dr. M says you'll hear back in around 2 weeks time...it probabily takes a month's time for the letter to arrive.

Does Dr. M generally reply to e-mails regarding application status?

INFNITE

mmm....doughnut
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2005
NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
i dont know about this year, but last year it was 2 weeks turnaround time for people who interviewed in January and February.

G'd Luck

BSmittYatUMICH

10+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Are students with a late interview date (Jan/Feb) at a significant disadvantage when being reviewed for admissions?

And, do you think its appropriate to contact Dr. M while your app is under review (aside from a thank you note)??

Des

10+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
I e-mailed Dr. M regarding my application status about 3 weeks ago and he never replied. My friend e-mailed him a week earlier than me asking about his application status and he had his secretary e-mail him back within a week...

I have no idea.

But if you do contact Dr. M...and got an answer....please let us know if you did it through e-mail or through phone.

Thanks a bunch

fancymylotus

A Whole New World
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2004
I e-mailed Dr. M regarding my application status about 3 weeks ago and he never replied. My friend e-mailed him a week earlier than me asking about his application status and he had his secretary e-mail him back within a week...

I have no idea.

But if you do contact Dr. M...and got an answer....please let us know if you did it through e-mail or through phone.

Thanks a bunch

EVERY time I've called them,he's picked up. Strange, right?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.