Columbia Response Time??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BSmittYatUMICH

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So... I just interviewed at Columbia and wanted to know what kind of wait I should prepare myself for … how long did it take before you heard back from them???

Members don't see this ad.

takes about 2 weeks from what i remember Dr McManus saying. feb 15th is the next deadline, so after this Thursdayu they'll be making more acceptances

I interviewed Dec. 8th and received bad news a couple days ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know how many spots are left at columbia?

Not sure how many seats are available...i read from another thread that there's only 7 seats left but I really don't believe that.

So even though Dr. M says you'll hear back in around 2 weeks time...it probabily takes a month's time for the letter to arrive.

Does Dr. M generally reply to e-mails regarding application status?

i dont know about this year, but last year it was 2 weeks turnaround time for people who interviewed in January and February.

G'd Luck

Are students with a late interview date (Jan/Feb) at a significant disadvantage when being reviewed for admissions?

And, do you think its appropriate to contact Dr. M while your app is under review (aside from a thank you note)??

I e-mailed Dr. M regarding my application status about 3 weeks ago and he never replied. My friend e-mailed him a week earlier than me asking about his application status and he had his secretary e-mail him back within a week...

I have no idea.

But if you do contact Dr. M...and got an answer....please let us know if you did it through e-mail or through phone.

Thanks a bunch

I had my interview on Jan 5th and got the acceptance letter written on Feb 1st.

the interview invitation is by mail? email?

I e-mailed Dr. M regarding my application status about 3 weeks ago and he never replied. My friend e-mailed him a week earlier than me asking about his application status and he had his secretary e-mail him back within a week...

I have no idea.

But if you do contact Dr. M...and got an answer....please let us know if you did it through e-mail or through phone.

Thanks a bunch

EVERY time I've called them,he's picked up. Strange, right?