Columbia Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saluki

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do I select multiple majors for the same undergrad institution? When they ask for additional course infor, do they want me to reenter all the classes from my AMCAS? How do I select MD/MPH? What is the course title? (Something like Honors English I won't fit in the blank provided)

Members don't see this ad.

I know some of y'all have filled this one out. It doesn't matter if you're not sure of the answers (esp. MD/MPH one) but what did you guys put on the additional coursework page?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the additional coursework put what you are taking this semester perhaps. If you have nothing to really put there you don't have to. I don't know about MD/MPH probably something you can just do once you are accepted.

ti89 said:
For the additional coursework put what you are taking this semester perhaps. If you have nothing to really put there you don't have to. I don't know about MD/MPH probably something you can just do once you are accepted.

I already listed coursework I'm taking this semester on my AMCAS. If that's what they want, I don't understand why they want you to list the grade you received....

I didn't put anything in the additional coursework section. I think it may be left over from before they took the regular course history section out (i got an email about this: "In response to concerns about the Course History Section within the P&S Secondary Application, this section has been removed from our application. If you were already in the process of filling out your application, you will no longer see this page. When you print out your copy of the completed application, you may see this section, but in a blank format.")

I think they left that page in so that you could still upload documents if you had weird stuff about your educational history to explain. the columbia secondary is really badly mismanaged. i had all sorts of problems with my application when i was previewing the completed app.... questions on the preview that didn't exist in the online app so you couldn't answer them, etc. when i called to ask about them, i got told very curtly that none of it mattered. so, whatever. i did my best and submitted it.

Also, on the MPH dual degree page it says:

Applicants seeking admission to dual degree studies must apply separately to each of the two collaborating schools and must meet the admissions requirements of each. Once both schools grant admission to their individual degree programs, the student may begin an integrated dual degree program. Students considering dual degree programs are strongly encouraged to apply to both schools as early as possible. Except where otherwise noted, students may apply to both schools at the same time, or may apply to the second school after admission to the first school.

so i don't think you have to indicate anything on the med sch secondary. looks like the two applications are completely separate.

Thanks a bunch. I emailed them, but I never got a response... Now my only remaining question is how to list multiple majors for the same institution.

hm. you're right, there isn't the option. well, i say make use of that weird additional course history page option at the bottom where you can upload a document with extra details about your educational history, and state that you were a double major and what the majors were. and minors, if you have any.

One last question, o all knowing application god, do you still have access to what you wrote after you submit?

that's goddess, thank you very much ;P

yes you do have access, but it's read-only, ie you can't edit anything. when you click submit application, though, you do get an option to preview your app in pdf form, and at THAT stage you can still go back to edit it, until you do the final submission.