Columbia Status Update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shmendrick

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For my Columbia Dental School status update is says test1. Does anyone know what that may mean?

Members don't see this ad.

For my Columbia Dental School status update is says test1. Does anyone know what that may mean?

I didn't apply to Columbia, but, I have never heard of anyone getting that status update.

I'm curious to hear what others have to say about that update. :rolleyes:

I interviewed at Columbia and my status still says "invited for interview".

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine's still the same too. My guess would be that they're just testing out a status update before putting it through for some group of applicants and you caught it in the middle. As far as I know, Columbia doesn't do an AADSAS update in combination with the mailing, so there's probably nothing to read into.

yes columbia uses both AADSAS and mailings to confirm your acceptance/waitlist/etc. (at least that was the case when i was accepted).

"test1" means you have to take my block exam for me on december 1st. please arrive promptly and on time to the admissions office and i will personally see to it that you get my exam completed.

Thanks for the heads up, flapaTron. I guess that means I won't have to wait for snail-mail to make it all the way out to CA then.

No grx20718 I haven't interviewed there they received my entire application about a week ago and it says received/under review for status, but for status defined it says test1. Idk ill call them tomorrow to find out what that means ill fill you guys in.

yes columbia uses both AADSAS and mailings to confirm your acceptance/waitlist/etc. (at least that was the case when i was accepted).

"test1" means you have to take my block exam for me on december 1st. please arrive promptly and on time to the admissions office and i will personally see to it that you get my exam completed.

did aadsas update on dec. 1?

haha! :laugh: are you at columbia? i'm jealous!

I didn't apply to Columbia, but, I have never heard of anyone getting that status update.

I'm curious to hear what others have to say about that update. :rolleyes:

i applied there too, my last status update was in august and it still says "received/application complete"...nothing peculiar listed under "status defined" though....

Mine says "Received/Under Review" then "test1" as well. I figured its just their default message or something.

anyone know approximately how much of the class is filled by Dec 1st for Columbia... Im still itching to apply there :/

Members don't see this ad :)
So i just called Columbia and the rep there seemed pretty clueless. She told me that its just a school thing they do. It means my app is complete and being reviewed, w.e that means. I applied last year and it never said test1 at any point on AADSAS. My other friend who has applied this cycle never had this "status defined" as well. amcmahon I suggest you call them so that we can get some more input.

WHOA so weird, i was just about to do a forum search about this, b/c i just got the same "test1" message too. and my status is "Received/Under Review" and they received my application probably just a week (maybe few weeks) ago.

should i call? xD

No test1 for me, but I have yet to receive an invite to interview there.

i dont believe columbia will blank you.

my status still says invited for interview too.

My application said test1 as well and then I was offered an Interview a few weeks ago...

Has anyone heard from Columbia today?
I don't even know how they send out their acceptance.
Do they call you?

I don't think they call. Maybe aadsas later today.

the letters were sent out yesterday i believe.. so if accepted, you should get one in the next few days!

i just got invited to day for interview but im not going to go good luck to those still waiting for colombia:)

CONGRATS! by mail? Do you live in manhattan?

My status says "test1" also and it was changed to that on the 11th or 12th of November and my app was mailed out on the 10th. I received an email about them receiving the app and then I had the "test1". I've been wondering what that meant for a while...