Oct 24, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
For my Columbia Dental School status update is says test1. Does anyone know what that may mean?

MrBeans

MrBeans
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
For my Columbia Dental School status update is says test1. Does anyone know what that may mean?
I didn't apply to Columbia, but, I have never heard of anyone getting that status update.

I'm curious to hear what others have to say about that update. :rolleyes:

Jun 25, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I interviewed at Columbia and my status still says "invited for interview".

Jul 7, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Mine's still the same too. My guess would be that they're just testing out a status update before putting it through for some group of applicants and you caught it in the middle. As far as I know, Columbia doesn't do an AADSAS update in combination with the mailing, so there's probably nothing to read into.

flapaTron

§ herpen the derp §
5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2010
Status
Dental Student
yes columbia uses both AADSAS and mailings to confirm your acceptance/waitlist/etc. (at least that was the case when i was accepted).

"test1" means you have to take my block exam for me on december 1st. please arrive promptly and on time to the admissions office and i will personally see to it that you get my exam completed.

Jul 7, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Thanks for the heads up, flapaTron. I guess that means I won't have to wait for snail-mail to make it all the way out to CA then.

OP
S
Oct 24, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
No grx20718 I haven't interviewed there they received my entire application about a week ago and it says received/under review for status, but for status defined it says test1. Idk ill call them tomorrow to find out what that means ill fill you guys in.

JBieber

5+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2010
Status
Dentist
yes columbia uses both AADSAS and mailings to confirm your acceptance/waitlist/etc. (at least that was the case when i was accepted).

"test1" means you have to take my block exam for me on december 1st. please arrive promptly and on time to the admissions office and i will personally see to it that you get my exam completed.
did aadsas update on dec. 1?

hopefulDMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental

haha! :laugh: are you at columbia? i'm jealous!

I didn't apply to Columbia, but, I have never heard of anyone getting that status update.

I'm curious to hear what others have to say about that update. :rolleyes:
i applied there too, my last status update was in august and it still says "received/application complete"...nothing peculiar listed under "status defined" though....

amcmahon

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Mine says "Received/Under Review" then "test1" as well. I figured its just their default message or something.

jirotrom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2008
Status
Dental Student
anyone know approximately how much of the class is filled by Dec 1st for Columbia... Im still itching to apply there :/

OP
S
Oct 24, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
So i just called Columbia and the rep there seemed pretty clueless. She told me that its just a school thing they do. It means my app is complete and being reviewed, w.e that means. I applied last year and it never said test1 at any point on AADSAS. My other friend who has applied this cycle never had this "status defined" as well. amcmahon I suggest you call them so that we can get some more input.

ACEbndgs

7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2010
Status
WHOA so weird, i was just about to do a forum search about this, b/c i just got the same "test1" message too. and my status is "Received/Under Review" and they received my application probably just a week (maybe few weeks) ago.

should i call? xD

txlonghorn

5+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2009
Status
Dental Student
No test1 for me, but I have yet to receive an invite to interview there.

Lethstang

7+ Year Member
Oct 4, 2009
Status
Dentist
i dont believe columbia will blank you.

my status still says invited for interview too.

P

pluto130

Has anyone heard from Columbia today?
I don't even know how they send out their acceptance.
Do they call you?

Sep 27, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
i just got invited to day for interview but im not going to go good luck to those still waiting for colombia:)

agentdocta

10+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
My status says "test1" also and it was changed to that on the 11th or 12th of November and my app was mailed out on the 10th. I received an email about them receiving the app and then I had the "test1". I've been wondering what that meant for a while...