Columbia takes forever?

Started by angst019
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

angst019

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I submitted my MSTP app to Columbia in mid-August (actually July, but it took a while to send the picture) and still have heard nothing. That happen to anyone else? Should I call them and see what's shakin?

Thanks
 
I just got a reply from them telling me that my file was complete and I must've submitted mine in mid or early August. They'll let you know, but they are slow...
 
columbia - alacast (c:8/24, ii:9/16, i:10/30), vp1001 (c:?, ii: 10/7, i: 11/13), hugoyles (c: 9/21, ii: 10/7, i: 11/13, rescheduled to 12/11), newapple (c:9/22, ii:10/7)

They have been getting back at people. They will probably just tell you that your case is being reviewed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't apply to Columbia (damn you, AP credit!) but I was at a NY interview and a bunch of the kids were talking about how they applied to Columbia early and hadn't heard back yet. So it's not just you.
 
I didn't apply to Columbia (damn you, AP credit!) but I was at a NY interview and a bunch of the kids were talking about how they applied to Columbia early and hadn't heard back yet. So it's not just you.

Was it NYU? I have that one coming up. If so, how was it?
 
So Columbia's website says they receive about 200 apps a year...doesn't that seem a little low for a NYC school? (Tri-I's website says they get more than twice that) Anyone know why this is?