Applying to Columbia's MD-PhD Program -- Can I get some advice about this essay prompt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yepanotherpmed

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What academic honors have you received (e.g., prizes, scholarships, fellowships, honor societies)? 5000 words


I haven't received anything. I was invited two to honors societies, but that's it.

This is going to be a pretty lame response -- saying I was invited to Phi Beta Kappa and Phi Kappa Phi. There are 5,000 to fill up.

Any advice here???
 
You dont need to fill all 5000 characters….
Yes, I know. But I am not sure how goofy my response will be. "I was invited to be a member of the honor societies Phi Beta Kappa and Phi Kappa Phi. I accepted the invitation and became a member of the two groups during my senior year of college." Two sentences 🤣
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad